Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Lynch will be a cracking centre back when the time comes

I think he played one 21s game at 6.

We have no need for him at CB. But think of the amount of loose ball he could pick up there and his distribution. The centre forward would have to mark him

I suppose we will give TK the freedom of Limerick again tomorrow night

We are the only team who really does that and theyā€™ve nearly beaten us twice. A draw in 70 minutes twice anyway. Clareā€™s results outside of that under
Lohan arenā€™t stellar.

He played there v Tipp in 2016 under 21ā€™s.

Kiely was very lucky to get the Senior job after that debacle.

ā€˜Twas your mate that caused the issues there if I recall correctly

Has he the striking for it?

Hannon and Byrnes probably the two sweetest strikers of a stick pass in the game.

Lynch is probably the best handpasser though.

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing Lynch at 14 some day. I think heā€™d do wreck laying on passes for goals.

1 Like

Byrnes is very one sided though. When was the last time you saw him strike off his left?At centre back you need to be able to hurl effortlessly off both.

1 Like

Ya absolutely, Iā€™d acknowledge that.

I was talking more generally about the need for very high level striking in the half back-line. One-sidedness is a huge drawback at 6 indeed.

Lynch has everything bar his striking isnā€™t absolutely toplevel, I think its in part why he can be reluctant to take on shots and seeks to link up. Just think that this aspect of his game would mean he wouldnā€™t be suited to centreback as much.

1 Like

Be interesting to see where Adam English winds up playing. Last score he got tonight reminded me a bit of Richie Hogan. Wonder could he play further out the field snapping onto breaks and firing over scores.

Heā€™s powerful moving forward also.

Ya, just where they can get him in the ball enough really.

Iā€™ve a good drop of whiskey in my hand, thinking of the great @Joe_Player. The ball hopping heā€™d be at tonightā€¦

@Thomas_Brady will ye win tomorrow bud?

Hoping for a humdinger on the Ennis Road tomorrow. Behind all the tail pulling, the Clare boys get it. They get us. Weā€™ll knock seven shades of shite out of eachother and weā€™ll have a drink after.

Munster Championship. You couldnā€™t bate it with a stick.

16 Likes

I hope to be in Limerick City tomorrow evening for the biggest game in Junior Soccer between St. Michaelā€™s and Newmarket Celtic.

I may or may not tip over to the TUS GG for the hurling afterwards but if i dont make it over, what is the best pub (outside of the 15 called Flannerys) to watch it in?

1 Like

Patsys

2 Likes

Plenty of options. WJ Southā€™s pretty good

3 Likes

Any ould eejit can play in the backs. Yeā€™ll be grand

My one and only experience of watching GAA in a Limerick City pub was a very negative one so I am a bit apprehensive is all.

Timmy Martins is another option.

You need to weigh up who has sufficient technical knowledge these days.

2 Likes