Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Continuing the discussion from Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1) - #10027 by iron_mike.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

They go again

2 Likes

:musical_note: Sad are the homes… :musical_note:

1 Like

Minor football tonight against Clare. Need a win to stay in contention; Clare gave Waterford an awful hammering. Probably up against it.

Minor hurling quarter-final against Waterford next Tuesday. At home, not sure of the exact venue yet, presumably will be the Gaelic Grounds or Kilmallock again. Waterford took a bit of a hammering off Clare, as we did off Cork. Hard to judge our formlines purely based on the Kerry game but you’d hope that two matches under the belt will have helped iron out any kinks and we won’t get a no-show.

And then the U-20 semi-final, also against Waterford, also at home on Wednesday. Waterford were just pipped by Tipp, obviously missing Cathrach Daly. They drew with us in minor in 2019 in Walsh Park. I remember the wind was ridiculous, it was a very low-scoring game, CON hit a late score to level it. That was the only point they got that year. You’d probably make us slight favourites after last night but will need a similar level of performance, rather than what we got against Clare.

Great start.

1 Like

Boylan in for Hayes and the rest as you were.

Like for like replacement. Makes sense.

Boylan has been ripping it up in training.

1 Like

A bold move.

In Kiely we trust :muscle:

Are Waterford announcing a team tonight or are they waiting 24 hours as well??

Nice win for the minors :clap:

Waterford next?

Great win. A win over Waterford and they should make a semi-final now?

1 Like

Think it will come down to score difference.

It won’t if Tipperary beat Clare, I think. A win will be enough in that scenario.

1 Like

Good time to rest him

I only saw the highlights, hard to judge from that obviously but that Bobby Smith looks like an elusive forward. Where did Ballybrown pull him out of?

The big lad from Cappagh in midfield, O’Shea, would nearly remind you of Brian Fanning with the direct running.

O’Shea is a monster. I saw him training in the Bog Garden at around u14, I genuinely thought he was a much older lad just standing in for the game. Some achievement for Cappagh to have 4 on it.

Yeah, some going. And no Rathkeale lads.