Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

They usually mine their big lads from Crecora

Or the Caher Road

Any decent tickets going lads? Looking for two

Tocketmaster only have tickets for the Clare end terrace???

Twill be close to sold out. I picked up two stand tickets for a fella yesterday but all they had left were the absolute corners

Ya, I could have had stand tickets at 12 o clock but left it for a while and now it’s just terrace

Have settled for the terrace, enjoy the game lads.

4 Likes

The Ennis road terrace on the corner is a grand spot to watch the match from as far as end terraces go

Perfect. Was right up high at the corner there at the 2019 MF

Just back from TUS Gaelic Grounds.

That’s why we’re champions.

This team might not win any more AI’s but the guts these guys have can never be questioned. Down four of the best players in the country and they still see off a fine Waterford team. Beating the likes of Offaly and Cork is one thing but to see off a top team while so injury ravaged is most pleasing.

Gillane was sensational. Six from play and he had Prunty and the rest of them on toast all night.

O’Donovan probably had his best ever game for us, he was incredible. The work rate, the hunger, the blocks, the hooking, the assists, the scores - he was phenomenal.

Byrnes is already in HOTY territory.

Four points in the bag, perfect start. Our much maligned bench saw us home. 0-03 from King CON and a point apiece from Reidy and Simon.

Time to get the holy water out for Lynch now. Looks like he’ll be out for a while. Shows the maturity of this side they just shrugged off his loss and continued on with business as usual.

Uncle Fester/Dictionary Derek will be gushing in his praise of Waterford and the gap is closing etc but the fact remains there was loads of time left after the second goal - which was a peach - and they still couldn’t get it done. Limerick grabbed the last two scores and hit three or four wides in the same time too. A psychological boost that they couldn’t beat such a depleted side. Waterford mustn’t have raised a white flag in the last 15 or 20 minutes.

Flanagan should be alright for Tipp, I’d be surprised if Boylan is seen again this summer unless Ennis is a dead rubber. Hannon really came into it too. The first time Dessie Hutchison has really troubled us, he’s a class forward.

We’ll be seeing each other again soon, no doubt.

Reffing is tough but I thought Stack was horrific. The little nerdy jobsworth gave us us nothing all evening long. Gillane and Hegarty were mauled with impunity. That late tackle on the mild mannered Hego was a definite red card, a strike to the head but he bottled out of it. It had to be GBH for the Pats’ man to get a free.

Anyway, to overcome such adversity was most satisfying. Can sit back and watch Tipp and Clare beat seven shades out of each other now.

On we march to the minors & 20’s on Tuesday and Wednesday night respectively. And then attempting to beat Tipp for the fifth year straight in the championship, on Sunday week.

29 Likes

I thought DOD was MOTM. Another serious performance tonight :clap:

4 Likes

He’s everything Waterford fans think Jamie Barron is

Has any club at the one time had three hurlers of the quality of byrnes, gillane and lynch bar ballyhale?

1 Like

I always thought the 3 Bennett brothers playing junior hurling a few years ago for Ballsaggart was like a cheat code.

1 Like

Lar
Mikey
Pawdee

Patrickswell should really be contenders for an all ireland club title with those 3. Have a decent support cast too.

2 Likes

On form 3 of the 5 best players in the country I’d imagine.

Only other that comes close is Casey x2 and WOD

He was like a man possessed. Un fucking real

DOD was immense in the 2nd half

1 Like