Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Rumours of Graeme mulchahys demise have been greatly exaggerated.

1 Like

Missed Jamie Power is the sub keeper. He got no run in the league. Is McCarthy injured?

He’s savage unlucky. He got injured at the wrong time and has never been able to dislodge those ahead of him since. He’s actually lifting this year. Should see some game time

3 Likes

He’s a bit of a throw back isn’t he tho? He’s very wholehearted in the tackle and his distribution would be way off the other backs. He’s a very good sub tbf.

He played above in Westmeath and was actually very good.

I think he’s a good bit better than McCarthy tbh.

1 Like

He’s inclined to foul a bit much, but he’d do a job if needed. The three/four ahead of him are just top class

Started away to Westmeath.

Won the All-Ireland without Lynch and Casey, pretty much, last year but wouldn’t have won it without Quaid. Any injury to him would be catastrophic.

Informative. Ya I’ve always been very worried that the drop off to McCarthy was huge

He was very good when he came on against Kilkenny, I thought. Livened it up a bit.

His distribution isn’t quite as good as Finn or Nash, and he’s very left-sided. But it’s not terrible either, but it would be the weakest of our backline.

He hits hard and does read the game well. In fairness to him, he cut a lovely sideline into the Lynch’s paw against Kilkenny, led to a goal.

Agreed. Irreplacable.

Hannon is key as well, although Dan the man did a fine job there last weekend

First Limerick player to take an actual sideline cut since 2019

Looking forward to this game now.

First round of the championship, Thurles, decent weather hopefully and demented Davy in the opposition dugout abusing all and sundry.

Didn’t see much of Waterford in league bar the Tipp game, when they were well in it up to the red card. Have a great recent record against them but they’ll be well up for it. The kitchen sink will be fired at us early doors, so it will.

A lot of mileage there. We won’t keep it pucked out.

Dan and Mikey Kiely under a few high balls should make for great viewing

I’d say that helped Dan get the nod

And the last for another 5 years

1 Like

I’d say Kinnerk pinned him to the wall in the dressing room after it

2 Likes

Davy’s probably been pouring over his video himself and the young fella took during the league final from premium level. Obsessed with gillane and sham so he was.

The best good squad I’ve ever seen listed.

I expected Kiely to drop 1 or 2 big names but sure why would he.

They’ll get turned over at the weekend surely.

Got caught and couldn’t make it to Thurles tonight, big match though. Win and Tipp are gone and a free hit against Cork to make a Munster Final.

I haven’t seen Tipp this year but there was very little between these teams at minor level.