I gave King Edward a call
Says the butler, “He’s out, he isn’t about
And I don’t see his hat in the hall
But if you would like to look round, sir
I think you will have to say
Apartments like these are not what one sees
In your country every day”
CHORUS
Says I – Have yes been to Drumcolliher ?
Ye haven’t – well now I declare
You must wait till you’ve been to Drumcolliher
And seen the fine house we have there.
There’s only one house in Drumeolliher
For hardware, bacon, and tea
If your master would come we would treat him in Drum
Oh! Drum is the place for. me

And Drum is an awful shithole, that Percy French was some likehound.

I have a bloodline running through Drom — Show some respect, or i’ll bite your nose clean off.

You wouldn’t like it now mate, they’ve got a tapas bar.
Those fucking bloodlines of yours are mental mate, did anybody ever settle down, your people seem to have been moving all the time, travelling from place to place like :scream:

1 Like

Depends on what verse you are on.

Drom carnival starting on the 30th :blush:

There are a great many places in Limerick bigger shitholes than Drom . Drom isn’t too bad a place all told .

I was there last year mate, good evening at the hurdy gurdys and the parade around the town was a good laugh, some amount of hardcore roasters on display though.
I like Drum well enough but it’s a bit of a shithole, no worse than a lot of other small towns @Ashman fair enough, I know it very well

Yeah its not too bad. You wouldn’t want to be going down for the 10 nights of it though! Parking in the square will be a nightmare while it’s on though. Pubs do decent business for it even during the week

I’ve 4 grand parents, mate… I know Cork folk don’t usually mingle outside their own much, but plenty of others do. My maternal line is Co.Limerick/Mayo and my paternal is Clare (parteen) / Limerick City. I’m very much a Dal Cassian with a dash of Mayo roasterism.

True but Drom is ok and folk there generally grand .

:blush:

I had a couple of pints in Eily Sheas but I believe it’s closed down now?

How’s the Tapas place doing mate, I genuinely laughed out loud when I heard about that, small portions wouldn’t seem to be a likely winner in Drum.

The Lyons are going well

Listen to Tony Ward gives his Lions predictions with Sporting Limerick by Sporting Limerick #np on #SoundCloud

Are we cousins, pal? Are you Noonan or Nunan?

Yeah that closed there a few months ago alright. Just have the Green, The Corner House and Skullers left in Drom now.

Haven’t tried the Tapas but I think they still do pub grub but I’m not 100 sure On that.

Nope

We’re not cousins so .

I thought Kilfinnane was where your County Limerick loyalties lay mate, you’re a Drom man now as well?