Limerick GAA - Box Office

No, mate… No ties to Kilfinnane… Did a bit of research on the area alright… I’d know one of the Blackrock boys alright if that’s what you’re getting at.

That must be it, I knew you had a grá for the Rockies anyway.
I know it’s outside your field of interest but have you ever read or done any bit of work on the Drom cinema fire, my wife had some relative or other perish at that. Good radio documentary on it a while back, Liam Irwin from Mary I featured prominently.

Yes… Liam has done a good bit of work on it and was supposed to publish something but it never transpired. My greatgrand -father and his brother were present also but got out alive… Think there’s footage on British pathe available

Personally, I’d have picked:

McNamara
Finn O’Meara Joy
Lynch Hayes ALTC
Hanley Lynch
Gillane Morrissey Ryan
Casey Nash O’Reilly

But I have no real quarrel with the team.

I do think that O’Meara is a natural forward, but there is no real standout candidate for full-back. Fanning will do a job there, but O’Meara probably has a bit more about him. But they probably didn’t want to have two fellas in their first year U-21 down the spine of the defence.

I do think Lorcan Lyons is a good player, even if I was surprised that he made the senior panel and the team I picked is harsh on him. The thing is that he’s probably not a corner-back and Joy brings better balance there. If I was dropping one of the half-back line for Lyons, it would be Ronan Lynch, and how could you not play someone with his talent. I hope we don’t play a sweeper… while Lynch would be very good in that role, he’s got no position as it is and will never nail down a position at senior level unless he finds one. Wing-back could be where he fits in.

I’d have O’Reilly over Murphy but I really like Murphy aswell.

I am a bit surprised at Josh Adams. A good player, no doubt, but I would have said Hourigan was better than him last year. And with Lyons, ALTC, Conor Byrnes, Jack O’Grady all there too; surprised he managed to get ahead of all of them.

A strong team

Limerick need to perform as a collective tomorrow night and remember that you cant bate those Tipp cunts enough.

Limerick hurling badly needs a boost…but its a 50/50 game.

I’ve heard a member of ye’re current management set-up question the county’s view of him as a Full Back.

I’m also reliably informed that O’Meara was not double marked in the second half of that game when he came out centre forward on John Riordan.

Anyway… we’re debating a non point. He’s a good hurler with great potential but Im unsure as to whether he’s a viable Inter County Full Back tbh.

1 Like

I reckon we’ll do it. The 21s last year were disappointing, Cian Lynch at centre-back didn’t really work. He’s an attacking player and hopefully this is the kind of game where he’ll get a bit of freedom and a bit of confidence back. He’s got class in spades.

And Morrissey, Nash, Casey; all of those are capable of doing serious damage to any backline.

I sincerely hope our lads do their potential justice,

From 8-15 on paper we’re as strong a 21 team as I’ve ever seen…not messing about that.

Saying that…if we’re below 100% Tipp will go to town on us…their lads will love going into this game written off and they all can hurl.

Writing off this Tipp team would be madness- some of those lads like Fairbrother, McGrath, Coffey, Quirke are top hurlers.

Maybe some of our players were a bit cocky against Tipp last year, I would presume that won’t be the case this year. Complacency is a curse.

They have done it twice to us at 21 level in recent years,Limerick sides strong on paper and never show up to the gig.

1 Like

Agree . This game is a “free punch” for Tipp. They are young and have no other distractions . Maher is a decent coach as well .

There should be no extra motivation needed for tomorrow’s game, for a Limerick team playing Tipp. It should be in their blood, being up for the game and beating those cunts should come naturally.

Westmeath’s attitude tonight is a must . That needs to be our minimum expectation at all levels .

1 Like

What time is it on tomorrow night?

7:30

1 Like

My honest opinion is that this possibly is the best 21s team and panel to come from Limerick hurling in a long long time…and tomorrow evening is a make or break game in that sense…serious potential on the bench etc…

Our lads need to win this tomorrow badly…its massive considering how many of those fellas are established seniors…theyre going be up against it…but another gear needs to be found tomorrow night…that hasnt been shown for awhile.

I fucking hope we do it…if we don’t I dont see us making even the quarter final at senior.

Can you imagine the hype if these lads go on and win something? It’s already bad enough…

1 Like

Always better to win something than lose something pal.

Winning underage isnt the issue…translating it is tough…but we’re far better off winning tomorrow night mentally rather losing this game.

7/8 of those lads will be playing Saturday week for the senior team in the qualifiers…they need to win.

Agree. A win tomorrow gives an added boost to the members of the senior panel and brings a bit of confidence back.

1 Like