Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

No harm in the run bud. Itā€™s great to create space. If his touch was that bit sharper heā€™d be able to kill it and turn instead of touching it out away from goal and having to throw it over. Bar the Cork game he didnā€™t really go mad scoring in the championship this year. He has a lot of improving to do

Jaysus I peeped into the tailend of this thread and thought ye were talking about Mick Mackey.

A scroll back and I discovered Flanagan was the player under discussion. Not quite Mackey yet but shur if it amuses ye carry on.

I hope it stays fine for ye going forward.

4 Likes

Sure Mikey has his u21 all Ireland got. I donā€™t reckon heā€™ll make a senior panel though

Youā€™re closer to the truth there alright.

Youā€™re not wrong, he wasted a lot of shots and i wouldnā€™t consider him near the best natural striker of a ball.
Plenty to work on. His pace and the fact heā€™ll go all day is what I love about him.

Flanagan is fast becoming a media magnet because he says what he thinks, heā€™s not going to give clichĆ©s. He comes from straight talking stock and thereā€™s no bullshit, heā€™s calling it as he sees it. The lad doesnā€™t lack any confidence so if people are expecting a typical ā€œAh sure lookā€ type of mundane shite theyā€™d be better off looking elsewhere.

Refreshing to read and hear to be honest. For too long we had the poor mouth. We want to smash every cunt in the country now and weā€™ve no problem in saying it either. Sure, weā€™ll have our fall from grace at some stage but weā€™re going to enjoy the ride while weā€™re at it.

Better than the fuckin apes in Tipp banned from drinking at weddings and speaking to the media in January :rollseyes: #HeilSheedy

7 Likes

I disagree. In general, our forwards arenā€™t particularly stylish. Theyā€™re all very skilful in their own way, and can all take a score but Flanagan is probably the most rounded, bar Peter Casey.

Mackey (nor any Limerick hurler afaik), never won two in a row though, so itā€™s understandable the excitement thatā€™s building about this current group of supermen that will win 3/4/insert whatever number you like.

June

So be it sure. But the young lad is only telling the truth, he isnā€™t afraid of any team, he thinks Limerick will out work everyone else and he basically has said fuck everyone else. If you want to hang him for it work away. I find it refreshing. Would you prefer him to be a boring cunt like CiarĆ”n Kilkenny?

3 Likes

Thereā€™s always a Tipperary angle with you. You need to calm down and enjoy the arrogance squads rein of terror.

Do you mean ā€˜reignā€™ pet?

1 Like

Pathetic from Sheedy to ban the player from talking to the media about hurling in January but he can talk about anything else, whatā€™s he going to talk about to the reporters the weather or maybe brexit? Sheedy had no problem filling his trousers pockets the last few years from the media and public events though.

2 Likes

Its one of these weird angles that GAA managers take that they think gives them an edge, like drink bans, that professional teams dont really bother with. It shows an utter contempt for the intelligence of your players

2 Likes

Itā€™s a bit easier to out work everyone wheb you have a manic hunger like Limerick had. The real challenge will be the sustain that work rate when you already have a medal in your pocket.

1 Like

Sangwidge fillings

I donā€™t mind Cusack returning as a pundit, he was good. McStay says what he thinks as well. I suppose lovely Derek McGrath will get a run out this year as well.

1 Like

Cusack is a creep and Iā€™ll be refusing to pay my tv licence again this year.

1 Like

Dead right. What kind of manager thinks a player will be showing up to training scuttered if he hasnā€™t some ban in place? Treat them like adults at least.

1 Like

They are tipp lads to be fair

3 Likes