Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Davy knewā€¦

First post?

I was wondering why I was logged out :man_shrugging:

Tom is as bitter as ever, it killed him to see Limerick win last August. He picked against them in every single championship game last year.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why anyone listens to anything he says.

Fuck him. He knows more than anyone than anyone that whatever about 94, an awful lot of 96 lies squarely on his shoulders

hold on now

not everthing he says is wide of the mark, a lot in his comments aboutGalway starting 3 injured men in the final, short puck outs and the sixmilebridge sweeping brush that has merit.

He gives Limerick a lot of credit too

2 Likes

Tom is a legend.

1 Like

While itā€™s cuntish carry on tom is just controversial because it sells. Heā€™s a good limerick man and was thrilled we won. I wouldnā€™t take anything he writes seriously but we shouldnā€™t forget his contribution to limericks gaa.

2 Likes

He has a point about no broken hurleys to be fair .

1 Like

Cian Lynch broke Burkeā€™s Hurley at the throw in pretty sure he did the same in the semi against Cork

1 Like

I canā€™t remember that . I have a vague re collection now you say it .

Flopping in two AI finals with the most talented team we had for decades?

It was not that talented a team at all. We had one decent forward and thatā€™s what ultimately cost limerick. He spent years coaching kids around the county. Even used to call to schools during lunch breaks. As I said heā€™s done a lot for limerick but Iā€™d take little notice of what he writes. He also actually won an all ireland on the field of play which not many people do.

2 Likes

And to say they flopped is sensationalist rubbish. They played well against offaly but lacked the forwards with a bit of class to finish the job when the tied turned. Limerick were all over the shop v Galway this year. We just had that little bit of class up for a change to see us through.

1 Like

Iā€™ll never forgive him for not playing Galligan on 96 after the sending off.

Heā€™s also right about the standard of hurling. It wasnā€™t a classic season last year imo. A lot of the skills of the game are going more and more out of the game too. The ball is far too light nowadays imo. Itā€™s nearly like basket ball in some ways.

1 Like

correct, it was not that talented a team, he got great days and wins outta them, just came up short on all Ireland final days. as you say talent wasnā€™t huge in attack

2 Likes

Yup he done his best for limerick. He stirs the pot to keep himself relevant which I donā€™t like but such is Iife.