Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Did TC line out ?

When is the replay?

No, he went to Dublin to fly out to sandy lane in the morning

The discussion on that was nearly as heated as the match

TBC at this stage id say after the county

Scenes included sideline melee after a ballysteen substitute shouldered a knockaderry man who was running up the sideline :joy:

5 Likes

Donnacha to ref the replay.

Be happy to see either of the clubs in the intermediate final go up. Two proper, decent traditional football clubs.

3 Likes

Yes .

Best of luck @Crutches

3 Likes

Junior A Hurling Championship Semi-Finals
Saturday October 12
Croagh/Kilfinny (2/1) vs Kilmallock (1/2) @3pm in Feenagh

Sunday October 13
Castletown/Ballyagran (11/8) vs Killeedy (8/13) @2pm in Kilmallock

Two hard-to-call games in the Junior semi-finals as 4 teams from the South-West Champioship go head-to-head. Both Kilmallock and Croagh/Kilfinny have lost 3 games so far in Championship, but both overcame East opposition in the quarter-final. Most of the quarters were played in horrible conditions, but C/K racked up the biggest score (0-19) against a decent Caherline side. Kilmallock lost the West Final but have added a few players from earlier in the year and are deserving favourites. Croagh are a young, lively side who have come on a lot in the past couple of years with the likes of Lenihan & O’Brien tricky operators. Kilmallock have a decent blend of young fellas like Woulfe, Barry & Finn as well as older heads like Eoin Ryan, Paudie O’Dwyer and Conor Staunton. I think that bit of experience will see Kilmallock get the win.

In the other game, Castletown/Ballyagran are the form team but a lot of people are tipping Killeedy. C/B ground out a quarter-final win over Claughaun but are the West Champions and have only had the one slip-up, against St. Kieran’s. They’ve added young fellas like Ben Herlihy to their starting team and have fellas like the Hourigans & Walshes in key positions, who have been driving them on all year. Killeedy still rely on the Ahernes for scores but are a decent team and although they lost to Kilmallock in the semi-final, are still outright favourites. I think Castletown/Ballyagran will get the win though, they have been the form team.

Intermediate Football Final
Sunday October 13
Galtee Gaels (11/8) vs Gerald Griffins (8/13) @3.45pm in Kilmallock

Arguably the biggest match of the weekend; junior champions in 2016 & 2017 respectively, two good football clubs, one of them will be going senior. We played both these sides in Championship and Galtee Gaels were the more impressive but Griffins won the match between the two by 5. Gaels beat Pat’s and Mungret, Griffins beat the Mushes and Claughaun to get here; whoever wins will be more than deserving county champions, it was a tough road for boat! The Childs brothers are absolutely key for Gaels while Griffins need Liston & Tommy Griffin to have big games.

I’m going to go with Galtee Gaels to just edge it, but should be an absolute cracker.

Junior A Football Championship Quarter-Final
Saturday October 12
Ballybrown vs Croom @3.30pm in Adare

I missed the other junior quarter-finals; Monagea pipped Cappamore by a point in a bit of a surprise; Kilteely/Dromkeen got a good win by a goal over D/B and Monaleen were too strong for last year’s relegated side, Monaleen. Ballybrown have a lot of players back with their footballers now and gave Casey’s an unmerciful hammering in the last round (5-10 to 0-3). Croom crashed out of the hurling but I’d still have them as one of the favourites for the football, and am tipping them to sneak this one although Ballybrown are now dark horses for the entire competition.

6 Likes

Kilmallock bate Croak 13 to 11

0-7 to 0-3 at half-time, good second half for the Balbec.

3 Likes

:clap:

Croom 3-6 Ballybrown 0-9.

Croom join Kilteely/Dromkeen, Monagea and Monaleen in the semis.

Ballybrown gave away some very sloppy goals at crucial times. Wasnt much between the two teams.
Stephen Lucey was Crooms 16th man couldn’t stay off the field.

Must have been watching a lot of NCW football so

I’m worried now after you picked against us in the quarters and semi :grimacing:

I picked against Griffins both days too so yeah, you’re absolutely fucked now. :joy:

1 Like