Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

They shot a good few wides at the start and never really got going . They didn’t do themselves justice granted but to say they shit it is a bit harsh . To be fair they weren’t as good as Na P .

Yes it was A and B - They didnt turn up and they also were up against the great Ballyhale —

I’m not feeling a lot of love for the balbec here this morning…

Fuck nap.

I’m no Na Piarsaigh supporter but from the county semi to the all Ireland club final they beat.

Kilmallock
P/well
Sixmilebridge
Thurles Sars
Ballygunner
Oulart

That’s some list of clubs, they earned nothing easy.

I ended up going to a lot of them. Credit where it’s due they were outstanding. I’d of backed them them to beat Ballyhale too but I suppose we’ll never know.

7 Likes

The only Limerick club team to win the All Ireland, ever. Pure, unadulterated, old fashioned begrudgery on display here from lads from smaller clubs

7 Likes

Some list of choker clubs there, especially towards the end

2 Likes

The first dig was at Kilmallock here

1 Like

So the reaction is to begrudge the only succesful club team ever produced in Limerick and try and belittle the achievement.

They can dig away. We are oblivious behind our Town Wall.

2 Likes

More put it in context than belittle .

It was a statement of fact rather than a dig.

1 Like

A statement of fact used as a dig

You’re just sick that you didnt get to post it - That’s usually your MO.

He was some player. What a performance he had in the drawn 2013 final. Was he MOTM that day?

That’s a clamping.

1 Like

OK guys @Thomas_Brady @Ashman let’s not do this in front of everyone.

5 Likes

The original slight was against Kilmallock. I won’t have the purists and aristocrats of the game in Limerick besmirched by the ‘new money’.

It’s also a fact that Kilmallock came up against the best club side of the era in Ballyhale Shamrocks, and Na Piarsaigh didn’t.

Na Piarsaigh a superb side. However, the stick thrown at Kilmallock there cannot be allowed unchallenged.

3 Likes

Andrew Cliffe scored 2-11 for Ballybrown the other day. That’s some going, in fairness, 1-5 from play?

What age would he be?