Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

That’s a five stone layoff period.

1 Like

The night is young yet :speak_no_evil::eyes:

1 Like

Holy God, there is some rain falling in mid-north Limerick at the moment.

We were lucky the rain stayed off in Martinstown. Blackrock bounced back from their defeat to Cappamore to beat a lacklustre Dromin/Athlacca 1-18 to 1-12. Blackrock were much the better side all the way through.

Paudie Leahy did most of their scoring, 8 frees and 3 from play but Daithi Heffernan hit a couple of points aswell, as did Gavin O’Loughlin, while Kevin Palmer was a handful as ever. Their tendency to totally dominate the opposition puckouts continued with Davy Moloney, Liam Walsh and Brian Moloney sweeping up all the breaks.

Dromin/Athlacca were very very poor. They seemed to have no plan beyond hoping David Reidy would win it on his own. Reidy hit some monster frees in the first half but then hit 4 bad wides from frees too which may have kept them in touch because while Blackrock kinda kept a 6 or 7-point lead, they never pulled away.

Jason Linehan was sent off with about 10 minutes to go after a late hit on Brian Moloney. Didn’t see it myself but the umpire did and there didn’t seem to be any real complaints. It actually seemed to wake Dromin/Athlacca up a bit, they got a penalty in the final few minutes which David Reidy buried but they were very poor in general.

The win puts Blackrock on 6 points, the same as Bruree. They play each other in the last match, with the winner guaranteed a semi-final place. Dromin/Athlacca are currently on 7, they’d need a draw against us on the last day to guarantee a semi-final but could sneak through if Cappamore beat Bruff. Still a lot to play for, two semi-final spots up for grabs on the last day.

1 Like

Ahane bate Murroe by a point so qualify. Feoghanagh won.

Ballybrown win. Bouncers win.

Raiders from the South smash their way into an all South ‘West Final’

Kilmallock 3-23
Killeedy 2-22

Killeedy led by 6 at HT. Jack Ahern went off injured before HT and Killeedy folded. Again.

Some win for Kilmallock because I heard they had a few more fellas burned yesterday!

1 Like

Lost 3 last night

Regards Killeedy, no Jack Ahern = no party

2 Likes

Soft underbelly of course.

Hate to say I told ye so. If there is a bed to be shat in this Killeedy side will oblige every time. They look great when left do what they like or not up against it. The minute Kilmallock applied any bit of pressure tonight they started to crumble and the main players went missing. Soft underbelly when it comes down to it.

Eoin Ryan, Stanton, Paudie O’Dwyer were all superb for Kilmallock. Quirke had a great second half for them

Thanks for the warm up games lads.

1 Like

:laughing:

Kilmallock must be strong favourites for the county now?

3 Likes

Ah God yeah, we will walk it.

A west Junior title for Kilmallock would rank right up there with all their county titles and Munster club titles.

A trinket.

Was at Glenroe and St Pats yesterday referee Timmy McGrath ruined the game very stop start but could have went either probably the better team lost.
St Pats will concentrate on Intermediate football now you would think and give it a rattle.
Ballybrown much too strong for Monaleen today Mikey Kiely having a fine game. Ballybrown might cause a shock in the quarter final although it’s hard to see it.

2 Likes

welcome kid.

Alright muuuush?

Dan Morrissey with a few more goals. I make it that he has 3 in 3 games, or 4? Hard to see Ahane beat Doon but I’d fancy Ballybrown to mix it with Kilmallock. They know the big boys a bit better.

Disappointing for Knockainey to go down, probably time enough, Garryspillane have the better hurlers but will need to start replacing their older players gradually because they cant rely on players of that age, regardless of ability!