Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

K/p

Bruff fell apart. K p 4 up and a man up. Awful game

Bruff down to 14.

0-11 to 1-04.

Tell me about Bruff, I just tuned back to the stream to see a draw on the scoreline. They did have the wind

Bruff 2-7 Kildimo/Pallaskenry 2-19 HTET

Had to leave at full time due to a family engagement.

Just a dreadful match, no flow to it. Conditions were difficult and mistakes aplenty.

Bruff full back got the line for two yellow cards on Darren O’Connell - carbon copy of Johnny Cooper v Kerry. You could see it coming a mile off. Bruff should have made a change long before he was sent off

In fairness to Bruff they showed real guts to reel K/P in. Finn went up centre forward and dragged them back into it. Six down but chipped away at the deficit. They forced a free in just outside the 21 deep into added time and drilled it low to the net to level.

K/P steamrolled them in the first half of extra time apparently.

1 Like

They scored 2-7 in 10 minutes in extra time.

2-20 to 2-09.

Well done @Aristotle

Thanks pal.

We were dreadful in the first half, so much to work on. Considering we were against the wind in the second half, we did very well to keep them scoreless for 22 minutes of the second half. Looked like we had just about done enough but a last minute goal for Bruff…

Blitzed them in the first half of extra-time then. Dylan Corrigan hit 1-1 from the bench, he was superb. Darren O’Connell didn’t score but won an amount of frees and set up a goal. Peter Nash got on a lot of ball.

Paul Browne was best for Bruff, I thought, really stood up.

Blackrock will be a serious test in the final, Quilty has them motoring.

1 Like

Dylan Dawson worth a look for John Kiely?

No

I think we could see a bit of a shake up of the squad. Uncertainty over the likes of Condon, Richie, Browne. With game time for all 3 likely to be limited in 2020 would they be willing to slog on for small amounts of playing time? Will the decision be made for them?

Dawson didn’t get much change when he was inside but lorded it when he went out midfield. He’s probably worth a look but can’t really see him getting in ahead of any of the midfield options (Lynch, DOD, WOD, Hanley) or the existing half forward line.

Fantastic club player but maybe just short of being intercounty standard.

1 Like

We’ll do you kid…

Limerick FC may be about to make a few ripples

When’s the last time Blackrock or K/P were senior? Or were they ever?

Kildimo and Pallas were both senior clubs in the 30s. Pretty sure kildimo lost a few finals to mackeys Ahane. I’m not sure what happened in the 40s but kildimo had no club for 20 odd years and started of as a junior club again. I’d say no club has been always senior in limerick.

1 Like

Pallaskenry were never senior; Kildimo were in the 30s & 40s, they haven’t been since then.

Not sure about Blackrock, Kilfinane might have been at some point? Certainly don’t think they ever were as the Blackrock combo.

1 Like

Blackrock won the intermediate in 1993 beating Na Piarsaigh, were senior until 1997.

11 Likes

I’d fancy K/P in the final. It was the worst iv see them play all year in the 60 minutes. But in the first half of extra time they showed how good they can be. Think they’ll have too much for Blackrock.

Any word on Aaron Gillane today is he definitely out? Hes not going to rock out corner forward wearing a jersey with no number on it?

Welcome @Diggler77

1 Like