Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Tipp had a similar number of wides, mate.

Our wides were better

2 Likes

Gas cunts. Decent run out for both sides all jokes aside.

2 Likes

@dodgy_keeper is replying as I’m typing this, so we’re both just back from the Gaelic Grounds.

Decent game of ball on an evening nowhere near as cold as I’d dressed for. Both teams were obviously rusty but served up honest fare. Tipp are clearly further down the road in terms of training but I was happy enough with our fellas. Poor discipline was the difference as we conceded a hape of silly frees. Both sides were guilty of some bad shooting, so that pretty much evened itself out.

Of the more peripheral squad members, young O’Meara settled down very well after a nervy opening He needs to play centrally, though… Paddy O’Loughlin also grew into it after a poor start, ALTC didn’t.

Malachy was flying early on, faded out of it and woke up again in the final 10 minutes. Barry O’Connell scored a lovely point (possibly two) but had little influence. David Reidy was the pick of them - hardworking, effective and scoring. Simon and Hego were septic, with Hegarty walking on a straight red after a nasty chop down - cue Sheedy berating the linesman as Hegarty was walking from the field. He then realised that Hegarty has actually been sent off and buggered off back up the line.

1 Like

Grand night at the famous old ground.

Fine work out for the All-Ireland champions. Actually played better than I was expecting. Couple of our forwards were bet up a stick but as I was drinking jager bombs with them out in Boston only a few weeks back I can’t be that harsh on them.

Of the fringe players looking to stake a claim all had their moments - combined with some equally iffy moments - but nothing to really demand a start in Wexford Park next month. Malachy is a bit of a frustrating player, has some blinding little ten or 15 minute spells, scores, blocks, the full gamut but then can be totally out of it for the next 20 mins.

Tipp didn’t look particularly hectic. Callanan was a huge loss for them this year with his injury interrupted season. Dan did well on him for the most part but one mistake before half time and it was a goal. Thought their corner back with the white helmet was excellent before they took him off.

Nice bit of needle throughout, the munster championship 2019 is going to be savage in nature. Sheedy will be a big improvement on Church.

Can’t put my finger on it but there’s something awful dislikeable about that Tommy Dunne chap.

Anyway all roads lead to Austin Stack Park next Thursday night to round off the greatest hurling year known to mankind.

1 Like

:smile:

Twas funny. He was jawing the ear off the lineman til yer man gestured towards Hegarty as he actually walking past him. A quick glance to his left and he slunk away.

Great minds etc, pal.

They need to update that roll of honour on the board underneath the Mackey Stand.

Buff Egan seemed to enjoy himself. Thank God he wasn’t sat beside me talking into his phone for the duration of the match.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

Big crowd kid?

3,300 and odd.

2 Likes

Not too bad.

Probably about 5K with kids included.

2 Likes

Decent all things considered a week out from Christmas.

They did a roaring trade in selling all the commercial tat like DVD’s, books and calendars etc.

1 Like

Thanks to Tipperary for facilitating tonight. A very sound gesture.

You’re welcome buddy.

1 Like

Who better to play a challenge against one in a row wonders than the cunts who wrote the book on it !

A Clare lad on about one in a rows :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Try 4 in 130 years you dumb cunt.

6 Likes

You’re worse for taking the bait of a savage. :joy:

Just back from McDonalds after the GG.

Thought David Reidy was the only player to put his hand up. He was very impressive, workrate, scoring, attitude, everything. He looks like a lad who is determined to push for a place which is what you want to see. Next best was Willie O’Meara who settled down after a shaky opening. ALTC looked a good bit off it to be honest, physically and the speed of his hurling. The 2nd Tipp goal came off a poor turnover off ALTC. I find Paddy O’Loughlin a bit frustrating in that you can predict exactly what he is going to do, he tries to take the ball around the player in front of him a bit too much. But he got better as the game went on.

Gillane also came into it after a poor 1st half. He looks like a lad who enjoyed his celebrations! :smile: Flanagan made an immediate difference. He put himself about, won primary possession, won frees, set up scores, dished a few digs out when a few scuffles were breaking out.

Thought Hannon was good too. Dan Morrissey actually did well enough on Callinan bar being beaten in the race for the loose ball which Callinan hot to marginally first for his second goal. Barry ‘Hot Tub’ O’Connell hit 2 lovely scores but didn’t do anything else. Colin Ryan was superb in the first half, some highlight reel type scores, before fading out of the game in the 2nd half. Cian Lynch was quiet by his very high standards but still got on a good bit of ball and used it well as always.

Not a good night for Pat Simon, Hegarty. Thought Finn should have done much better for the 4th Tipp goal.

Tipp looked sharp and dangerous in the forwards. No. 25 white helmet corner back was very good on Pat Ryan. Callinan looked very fit and sharp.

2 Likes