Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

He isn’t shy of work mate or doesn’t lack for effort. That’s a lazy perception. He just isn’t a filth merchant. maybe a bit “nice” for senior intercounty. Quite possibly lacking a yard of pace.

His best position is probably wing back. Where he is now

Im pretty sure they were the very reasons be wasn’t on the panel last season. HE IS A lovely hurler alright.

He probably does need to work on that side of his game but he’s too good a hurler not to have on the panel. Good to see Robbie Hanley back on the panel. His athleticism, pace and work-rate are just what’s required for the modern day game of hurling. Ciaran O’Connor and David Woulfe are two excellent hurlers as well. They both certainly have what it takes, to represent Limerick at senior level in the not too distant future.

I’d have him absolutely nowhere else other than the half back line. Hopefully he gets called up to the panel for next year.

Did someone tell you that?
I’m pretty sure the reason he missed out was because his club got to an all Ireland final and he missed 3/4 months of training

That was the same for many of the nap players but they weren’t cut. Id say it’s very clear and kiely seems to be codyesque in his style if you ain’t putting in the effort you ain’t going to be a part of the squad.

He brought back the lads who had played senior for Limerick already.

Lynch will get his go. Maybe you are right. Maybe Kiely doesn’t fancy him.

Lynch played for the seniors in 2016.

Under him, sorry. Trained and played under him. As you said he has a very particular style of play.

I reckon if Lynch gets a chance he’ll be on the panel. He’s too good a hurler to leave off

He was on the panel in 2017 under him and was cut, he was cut earlier this season and now hasn’t been named in the first panel for 2019. Kiely knows him inside out he had him for the 21s.

All true.

Would you have him on a panel of 30?

Not ahead of Robbie Hanley anyway.

No. He was a cert.

There’s a few voids with Hickey going and Richie out. Hickey covered wing back. Maybe someone like lynch could do that role.

I’d trust John Kiely. Lynch is a class hurler but its fairly obvious to me kiely doesn’t want him for some other reason. I kind of think lynch doesn’t have a position tbh and is suffering the way deccie hannon did for a few years. BOC and Reidy were both dropped and featured this season so I wouldn’t right him off although his inter view in the examiner during the week was bit odd imo.

I didn’t read it at all. What was the crux of it?

He was going on about how easy he found underage hurling etc and was hoping for a call up to the senior panel for 2019. It seemed odd timing and an even odder interview.

I’d have him in as a wing-back now. I used to think his best position was midfield, that the freedom would suit him but the game now requires both midfielders to be all-action types, which isn’t playing to his strengths.

There’s a bit of room in the half-back line, I think; so he’s worth a chance on an extended panel anyway and gave him a shot to impress.

Young O’Brien from Doon is a good one too though. Only 2 players from that minor team involved so far, himself and Jerome Boylan, but it looks like O’Brien has really come on too. Not many players at 19 would be trusted to be centre-back on a strong senior club team; but he delivered.

Has anyone taken into account as to why he’s not part of the panel?

Someone (probably unlikely) with a brain will realise why.

Leave the sensible talk to the lads who know what they’re talking about.

Bizarrely enough I searched that article again from 3 days ago and a few of the papers ran with it. Ronan lynch is well and truly box office.