Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

The demand to put in the latte machine was the last straw.

Tell that to Peter Casey :frowning:

1 Like

Who was the last Limerick player sent off in a senior hurling championship match? I honestly canā€™t remember, probably forgetting an obvious one or two.

Had one sent off in 2010 in the ā€œstrikeā€ year v Cork. Reale the first day v Tipp in 2007.

EDIT - Seanie Tobin v Clare in 2014. I still maintain Pat Oā€™Connor got him sent off due to simulation.

You are right . Who before that ???

Sean Herlihy in the strike year, as Dodgy said.

Before thatā€¦ Reale against Tipp in 2007?

I think it might actually do him good having a break for the few weeks. Hopefully heā€™ll come back sharper.

Not injured due to a hurling related incident.

I canā€™t wait for Sunday. A few pre match pints in town and then tip out to the gaelic grounds. Hopefully it will be a searing hot day, which as we know suits our nice hurlers. We are going to send them home with their flasks of tae in a mug.

5 Likes

Will be going to Dolans myself early as I want to get in for the minor game. Cork - Clare then in the Ardhu after.

Great day out in fairness, fancy Limerick to do it.

Fucking hang sandwich cunts.

I was in Dunnes in Nenagh and Thurles during the week there. Managers in both stores told me they e trebled their orders for tinfoil next week

Stale banter .

https://youtu.be/4JZozNRfYNA

Better than a stale sandwich.

1 Like

We know 5 forwards that will start, maybe 1 place up for grabs. the thing for me though is the accuracy and taking the scores when we have the chances because Tipp will. The HF line will be limited in getting points, hopefully they will open up things for a couple of goals cause weā€™ll need them.

Need at least 3.

What will the Tipp full-back line be? Barrett/Barry/Flynn?

If Barrett is back there, that would be an improvement; but we definitely could get a couple of goals, if we are ruthless enough to go for them.

The half forward line will chip in with 5/6 points. More importantly though theyā€™ll work like dogs hooking, blocking and fighting for every ball working back to our half back line. Tipp wont like that at all.

I can see the game being quite similar to our game vs Tipp in the league. At 50 minutes we had 35 scoring chances created vs Tipps low 21/22. If we convert our chances weā€™ve a huge chance tomorrow week.

Iā€™d be inclined to persist with Murphy personally, although one of Mulcahy in form, D Dempsey or B Nash would do a job too in that corner forward spot for us.

I do have concern about a high ball coming in on top of Hickey vs Forde or Callinan. That could prove fatal unless Finn or English are hanging behind him.

I had a dream last night the ball was thrown in, Lynch gathered it, launched it high into Flanagan, he rose highest, came down with the ball, buried Paudie maher and stuck the ball into the roof of the net.

6 Likes

Converting chances is vital we canā€™t be as wasteful as we were during the league but t that said WE WILL WIN

1 Like