Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

95fm sport show starting now.

David Ryan is looking very old in the promotional shots for the intermediate, is he captain for life?

He has been some stalwart for them and still going strong.

What time is the first game tomorrow? Think I’ll go to the far side if it’s dry.

1.30pm, pal.

1 Like

One tough bastard

Ah lads, come on. There are a thousand or so Ryan families in East Limerick/West Tipp, vast majority not related. Only one way of distinguishing families and that’s through family nicknames, Colin Ryan has been known as ‘Malachy’ since day dot. Similar to Pat Ryan of Doon known as ‘Simon’. It’s not twee or anything like it, it’s his fucking name as much as Ryan is. Townie bastards wouldn’t understand of course.

Rathkeale are widely known as the Mushes, they refer to themselves as such in a tongue in cheek manner. Get the fuck over it @backinatracksuit

3 Likes

I always figured grown ups that refer to young lads by their nicknames have serious issues.

2 Likes

Mate, it’s no big deal, take it easy.
Clubs all over the country have nicknames but generally we’ll usually refer to heir real name so that non locals get it.
On the Ryan thing, surely If everybody is known by their grandfathers name then the confusion is multiplied

Leave Billy big balls alone he’s trying to be cool.

1 Like

How twee

1 Like

Suck a dick snowflake

It’s not his nickname, it’s a family name. Big difference.

His name is Colin Ryan mate, during the summer it was Malachy this and Malachy that, I’d swear that he were only looking for reasons to refer to him just so ye could say it :smiley: a bang average hurler became one of the elite few who were referred Toby a first name, gas cunts

:rollseyes:

You are very insecure mate, the young lad is Colin Ryan Malachy, like all before him for a hundred years or so, don’t let it bother you. There’s another Colin Ryan Hurling down the road with the Bouncers. (thats Garryspillane to blow ins)

On the club nickname thing, you sure you’ve never referred to a team by their nickname on here? Say a Cork one for example? How upsetting it was for the non locals I’m sure :roll_eyes:

:smile: Insecure, you’re a card.
Does Malachy have any brothers? What happens then, serious question.
I’ve been guilty of referring to the Rockies or the Barrs as such alright but they’re known throughout the GAA world, the mushes less so.
Sorry mate, I’d have let it lie but you just brought it up???

be a bit wierd if he had a brother called Colin alright.

3 Likes

Rathkeale had a penalty saved after 3 mins apparently, were up by 4 at half-time.

Staunton scored a penalty early in the second half, and Burchill scored a goal too so the Balbec are up by 1.

Three points in a row for the Mushes level the game with minutes left.

Draw game again, extra-time.