Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Yes ; the Well at home v Glen Rovers last year too !!!

Na piarsaigh at home ;

Eye off the ball and on Thurles Sarsfields might be their biggest problem v Blackrock

1 Like

Can’t imagine Blackrock being in much humour for a Munster club campaign if they lose the county final.

1 Like

Thurles will have to beat the Waterford champions first

There will hardly be another Ballyhea style collapse surely?

If they win they won’t give it much thought either, still building down there and they’ll lose the head if they win one at this stage

Well beat. No complaints. I’m going to Clarkeys for a pint

6 Likes

Kilmallock, in fairness to them, always win and lose with a bit of class.

2 Likes

I’m assuming Ballygunner will win Waterford and they are every bit as strong as Thurles - looking at the Tipp co final last week Thurles have a lot of tippy tappy nice forwards, similar to Ballygunner. I wouldn’t be lumping money on Thurles to win it

NaP v Thurles should be a cracker.

1 Like

Na Piarsaigh abĂș

1 Like

Congrats kid. Ye’ve a fine side there

2 Likes

I was disappointed with Kilmallock to be honest. They have good players, but weren’t set up right at all. Some amount of ball landed on top of the Na Piarsaigh free man. They never really tried to hit the corners, or run from the half-forward line. The missed frees were a killer too.

Na Piarsaigh very clinical though. Downes was a real threat. Both Breens and Dempsey were good in the forwards.

Mulcahy was very lively when the ball came his way. The rest of the forwards were quiet enough. Hanley was better in the second half when he went a bit deeper. O’Donnell at least tried to take the fight to NaP.

1 Like

Congrats @glasagusban. Nap far the better side just slicker and quicker on the ball and chased down everything . o Donnell deserves to be in the Limerick panal

Na Piarsaigh are almost impossible to stop when they are in that mood. They have so much scoring power all over the team, most of them either current or former intercounty players. Impossible to shut down all their attacking threats. Won convincingly today and that was with a few of their main men subdued.

I know Kilmallock have put in a big effort this year so a disappointing end for them. No disgrace losing to a top class club side like that.

Na Piarsaigh will take beating. They could conceivably go on and do a Portumna for a few years. They’ve already won one AI and with this group of players should be targeting at least another one.

Looks like Limerick’s league campaign could be fucked again by an extended run to next March.

I would expect NaP to have a right crack off an All-Ireland; obviously Thurles & Ballygunner are very strong sides in their own right.

As for Limerick, I suppose the real losses are Peter Casey & Shane Dowling.

The other Casey is a fine corner-back, but we have some cover there- English, Finn, Condon, maybe SOB or Hickey. Dempsey is a decent forward but there are other players on a similar level. Same with WOD in midfield. To be honest, an All-Ireland run is more likely to do their chances for a place on a team damage than Limerick really, same with Ronan Lynch and 1 or 2 others.

But Casey is a natural scoring forward, and we’re not blessed with those. Dowling obviously for the frees, but maybe be no harm to see someone else take that responsibility and see how we get on.

Na P are physically strong. Big men. Thought Peter Casey was quiet enough today but it didn’t matter.,

Twill take a fair team to stop Na P .

A good win today. Definitely more in this team still. Downes back approaching the level that he’s capable of was a highlight for me. Mick Casey would have been my pick for man of the match. It’s some set of forwards at club level when you have to shove Dowling out to midfield and have Kevin Ryan and Conor Boylan kept on the bench. Super scoring from Dempsey and Adrian Breen today.

1 Like