Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Brian o Sullivan pack it up?

But he wasn’t even on Donie for large portions of the game? Struck me as a bit odd. I suppose he was there to nullify Garryspillane’s goal threat. He did play well though.

Ballysteen are going to put a halt to the musical chairs :clap:

One new candidate for six positions. 4 unopposed. It’s a joke shop.

Who would want a job in the County Board?

I’d like to see a list of positions held by all of them over the years.

A forelock tuggers dream.

It’s all pointless anyway, even the new chairman won’t have any power.

The secretary decides everything.

An utter cunt

1 Like

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy you will have to start paying visits to Kilmacud to see how they handle the numbers at their “academy”

1 Like

Is it true they are building them in towers?

They’ll have a great view of the incinerator

2 Likes

If the council are the main crowd behind these residential projects they will be under serious pressure to give a large % to social housing, I certainly wouldn’t be buying one of the private properties off the plans.

Mungross

3 Likes

It’s a private company the council set up, but ya, they’ll have to give away a fair few to the gimme me a free house crowd.

Factory view, Cement terrace, Great Wall of Mungret Gardens

You should sign up.

I work for a living mate so I wouldn’t be eligible.

This is all PR.
Firstly the company has to apply for funding which is by no means a given. They will kill off private investment in commercial developments in Limerick as private developers will not be able to compete with the opera centre (which also has no funding in place yet I believe).
Housing is slightly different and the social housing mix might put people off but 850 houses has to also depress already slow housing construction in the area. Between the opera centre and Mungret housing we look as of they are setting up the next Limerick Soviet.

1 Like

It’s bad news for local/private housing developers alright.
Who is going to commit to developing or funding private houses on a very tight margin compared to the rest of the country when the council are planning to bring this many on-stream.