Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Ballybrown 4-21 Bruff 1-15.

Ross Griffin, Alan O’Connor, Shane Kenny & Bryan Griffin with the goals for Ballybrown; Anthony Neylon for Bruff.

Brings Ballybrown’s scoring difference up to 19; Ahane are on -2 and due to get a bating off the Balbec later.

Afraid so.

Don’t underestimate Blackrock’s ability to implode though. That one will be a four-pointer. Effin ain’t going to get out of it now.

Funeral or not, Blackrock giving a walkover in Championship is very very strange.

Mungret could definitely beat them.

They could.

Funeral is only a smokescreen. The deceased was no relation of anyone on the panel and they have a number of players and management who are on holidays.

Hon Feohanagh.

They are the template for West Limerick hurling.

I know that hurling isn’t everything by any means, but it always strikes me as a little bit odd when players book holidays for Championship weekends. I mean next weekend is a bank holiday… these dates were announced months and months ago.

I don’t know about that. They are strong at the minute but we’ll see how they go in a few years, very little coming on behind, constantly amalgamating with other clubs even when they have enough numbers to field teams on their own. It’s starting to have an impact now, the drop off rates after U12 are worrying a lot of club people down there. School there is doing good work too, they’re always in finals and have 1 or 2 male teachers working there that are good GAA men

1 Like

It actually can’t be understated how important a proper hurling man as a teacher is in primary schools.

Its key really when its in sync with the club.

Feohanagh have 4/5 very traditional hurling families…they’ll be alright.

They will be dogged enough

Goal for Barry Foley, 41 now, I think?

In better shape now than he was in 2000’s!!

If the fucker looked after himself half as well when he was in his 20’s :sweat_smile:

Snap

Savage hurling brain…saw him hurling JA in 14 carrying plenty of timber.

For the man to get back to senior with the well and win the county last year was outstanding.

Class act.

The Well also building up their scoring difference. 3-14 to 0-6 at the break- Foley, Lar Considine and Tommy O’Brien with the goals.

But with Na Piarsaigh to play Knockainey in the last game and already 30 points ahead, surely they won’t catch them.

who’ll go through as it stands

As it stands, taking that the Well have beaten Monaleen; it would be NaP on scoring difference; the Well 2nd and Adare 3rd.

Cappamore up against Knockainey at the break.