Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Feenagh have circled the wagons, were well up for it last night.

Mildly surprised by that. Was there anymore on last night?

Nice read that,

I’m telling ya, Killeedy are the team to beat.

Templeglantine play the Mushes in the other quarter-final tonight.

City
In the City, Pats beat the Well on Thursday- 6 from 6 and look like the team to beat. If Ballybrown beat bottom of the group Monaleen tonight, they’ll secure the last semi-final spot and the City semis will be:

Pats vs Ballybrown
Well vs NaP

Hard to see past Pats & the Well to make the County QFs.

East
East semi-finals are:

Kilteely/Dromkeen vs Caherline
Ballybricken/Bohermore vs Doon

By all accounts, Kilteely are flying but Caherline, much like Feenagh/Kilmeedy in the West have the potential to deliver a big performance if they all pull together. On paper, they have a very strong team. Should be a cracking game.

Ballybricken bate Doon well earlier in the year, and although I would have fancied Doon’s second side to make it to the final; they tend to get weaker as the year goes on.

South
The South merged their Junior A & B Championship this year.

It means that Kilmallock are already in the final having won their group handily, hammering the Stakers and they’re already in the County QF. The Stakers play Castletown/Ballyagran for a place in the final. Hard one to call; they’ve played each other in knockout games the last few years; balance has tended to swing towards Ballyagran.

West
Should be 2 cracking semi-finals; Rathkeale should beat Templelantine and then you’d have them, Killeedy, Tournafulla and Feenagh/Kilmeedy as the last 4.

3 Likes

Rathkeale 2-19 Templeglantine 2-13

1 Like

Good shout on that earlier.

1 Like

Is there a village in templeglantine or is that the sum total of it where the Devon Inn is?

What more do you want?

2 Likes

Bit of a shock in the junior b earlier with Knockaderry turning over tour

Sin a Bhfuil .

1 Like

Isn’t it still Templeglantine back by Hartnetts garage?

Yes , the Allaghan Bridge is the border with Abbeyfeale . The old Glantine Rovers pitch was the other side of the bridge .

I played my first ever game of soccer there with the roots of the tree tripping you

2 Likes

Spot on .

They used to paint the sideline over the roots of the tree and then the branches over hanging nearly in as far as the center spot. :grinning:

The Millstream Park it was called .

Fuck me, this once noble thread is turning into something off the Hoganstand.

Admins, take action here at once, please.

1 Like

I scored my first Desmond League goal there, a cracking finish from 2 yards out. Out of the puddle into the net.

2 Likes

South Junior A Championship: Camogue Rovers 8-13 Dromin/Athlacca 0-11. That’s a big win.