Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

You’re swinging wildly like an overmatched contestant in a Limerick GAA organised fundraising boxing match. Sure there has been no mention of victories, perceived or otherwise, here aside from the one you predict for Cian Lynch in his upcoming tussle. I think you probably need to catch up on some sleep, mate.

Who are likely to be the hurling & football captains for next year?

Jim-Bob gone in hurling, Hegarty was vice-captain last year, maybe him? Byrnes another contender? Quaid is a previous captain too.

Corbett’s gone from the football too, with the army, so they’ll have to find someone. I haven’t heard much from the football camp regarding retirements, new call-up, etc. Maybe Darragh Treacy? Or Ian Ryan.

Football : Ian Ryan ( top bloke )

Hurling ; Good question . Na P boys will miss the league . An awful lot of young lads finding their feet . Quaid as good a call as any .

Corbett is back from his tour of duty three days before the championship match v Clare. If Stephen Cahill is back with the footballers after not making the hurling panel I’d nearly give it to him. A great bit of stuff.

The footballers could be in for another difficult year. A few of the younger, promising Adare lads have turned down call-ups.

Hurling captaincy - difficult one. Ideally an experienced head guaranteed their place. Not too many of those on the panel. Hickey, Browne, Richie, Quaid, Hannon. They could plump for someone like Byrnes too. Think any of the young lads could do without the added burden of it in all honesty.

What’s that about?

I’d give it to Hickey. He’d thrive on it.

Would mean they would miss Sunday Service

Is he still the head bucko in the GPA ???

Is this fight night on BT or Sky sports?

Limerick Box Office.

Probably means they still harbour some aspirations to play with the hurlers :roll_eyes:

They’re hardly the first or last. A county team is a big commitment, a couple of their better players have been around the panel in the past and struggled to get on the starting team.

Would like to see Childs & Michael Donovan back involved this year.

Buff is going to the boxing at the weekend.

Brave man

1 Like

It’ll be handy for us in fairness. They won’t make much if they planned on releasing a DVD of the fights we’ll have seen them all already…

But I’m surprised with all his slating of Limerick he’s going.
Be gas if he got an ole boot up the hole at it…

How does anyone play with weaker counties like limerick footballers is beyond me. Training already and for what?

A dream you stupid cunt

1 Like

The honour of playing the sport you love in your county colours? I’d say you wouldn’t be the quickest of fellas would you?

2 Likes

Train for 9 months,get beaten,lose a qualifier,repeat ad nauseum for the next 10 years,some dream.

1 Like

You’re forgetting the free gear.