Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Just back from The South Court.

A very enjoyable night. Passed a few hours anyway. Nice few bob made for the training fund and generally good craic. MC Dow did a fine job after being called in at short notice to replace Liam Aherne.

Some unbelievable talent on show in there between the WAG’s and the wannabe WAG’s.

Buff stole the show. He’s not all there but is harmless really.

2 Likes

They didn’t hold back anyway! Jesus, Hayes is some bit of stuff. He was minor last year for fuck sake.

The whole place was making the same gags about Pallasgreen when Malachy Ryan won. :smile:

A boy Kyler kid

Good to see them getting into it anyway

1 Like

@glasagusban Rigondeaux threw in the towel in the 6th

That’s no harm. I was at the Adare one a few years ago and Aherne was utter shite as MC.

1 Like

I was talking to someone this morning who was at this and he said it could be the most fatal fundraiser in GAA history.

Apparently there’s a huge fall out and bitterness in the camp in the aftermath of the training and fights and several grudges are firmly being held.

To make matters worse several of Limerick’s supposedly teak tough defenders (Finn, Byrnes, English, Hannon) were beaten around the place in front of a live function room audience by dainty midfielders and forwards.

The squad is fractured, rudderless and bereft and some players didn’t engage with the thing or get involved at all.

12 Likes

:joy: :joy:

The last paragraph is superb :clap:

Nothing new there

If anything there’s been too much unity lately.

2 Likes

Kiely out.

Unity never did Limerick any good.

Munster Hurling League fixtures announced.

Playing Cork in Mallow on Saturday 30 December.

Kerry in the Gaelic Grounds on January 7th, Clare the following Sunday, also in the Gaelic Grounds.

3 Likes

All County rethink urged by Limerick GAA Secretary:
Jerome O’Connell Limerick Leader Sport

LIMERICK GAA secretary Mike O’Riordan has urged clubs to consider the merits of all-county championships in hurling and football at minor, U-21 and junior level.

In his report to Sunday’s Annual Convention, the full-time secretary outlines that over 700 games were played this season but urged reviewing the structure of some championships.

“There is a motion on the Clár for the January County Committee meeting with regard to the County Junior A Hurling Championship. Whether this regulation is changed or not I feel if the Divisional Championships are retained, certain parts should be reformed,” said O’Riordan in his detailed report ahead of the annual gathering in Cappamore Community Centre.

“At the Special County Board meeting last month, the structure of the County Senior Hurling Championship was altered with the two groups of six changed to make both groups more equal in standard. There will have to be review of the County U-21 and Minor Championships and the grading same. There may be merit in making those Championships all County,” stated the secretary.

“The Minor and U-21 Hurling and Football Championships should go All County as I feel that there is no merit in running championship with three or four teams. I would however seek that the divisional minor and U-21 competitions would be retained and ran off on a knock out basis with no follow on to a county competition.”

He continued: “The football clubs of the county reviewed their respective championships and the view from the clubs is that the status quo should remain. I would however see the divisional structure for the various Junior A Football Championships would be reviewed. There are a number of second string teams involved in this championship with only 17 clubs in total competing in championship last season”.

The Limerick GAA secretary also outlined how changes at national level will impact.

“In 2018 we will see the introduction of the new U-20 Football Championship replacing the U-21 Championship. This championship will be of little support to developing counties like Limerick as U-20 players who make the senior team will be unavailable to the U-20 team for selection,” he said.

O’Riordan called for a change to the All Ireland SFC.

“The All Ireland Senior Football Championship will see the introduction of the Super 8s for the later stages of the championship. There should be a two-tier system in the Senior Football Championship graded through the National Football League where counties would have the realistic chance of competing,” he said.

“The coming season will have its challenges given the change in format of the Provincial Senior Hurling Championship. We will see action in the various county adult championships commencing at Easter with four rounds concluded by the end of April. It was hoped that we would have the third round of Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship played on the first weekend in May but given that the Munster U-21 Hurling Championship commences on May 9 it will not be possible to play this round. It is proposed that the club championships will recommence in mid-July,” outined the Limerick GAA secretary in his lengthy report to convention.

That league is a waste of time

1 Like

What league joe?

The West Board will be the only obstacle to All County Junior Championship. What reforms does he want if the status quo remains though??

Pa Ranahan joins Crowley’s management team as a selector.

Ya he’s coaching them

He worked out well for ye this year in fairness!!

My sources are telling me Hannon will be the new captain guys.