Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

I wouldn’t let Downes into a swimming pool without armbands never mind hurl inter county.

Ah he has been unlucky with injuries, deserves another chance in fairness to him, but it will be from the bench.

He’s a tog shitter, full stop.

He is a match winner on form. Coming deep and turning. Sure there was a forum that had a thread downes or canning!

I’ll never forget that shot he took off his right side against Clare in Thurles in the qualifiers in 2016.

God help us.

Brilliant for Nap in fairness, always racks up big scores. Has the potential to do it on inter county level but unfortunately we’ve been saying that awhile. Still worth a look at the same time.

https://youtu.be/BHO5d42zXUo

https://youtu.be/8vLGJEJFPkE

This type of return to form would be nice

Haha christ, every year these videos are put up.

I know that pal, that’s why I said a return to this type of form would be nice. Tongue firmly in cheek mate.

1 Like

I like Downes and always said we need him firing if we are to reach our potential but he will never again meet two full backs that slow .

If you scroll back up there a small bit you’ll see your boorish, unprovoked attack has earned me a handy “nice reply”. Shove it up the eye of your mickey.

1 Like

It’s very telling that you got a “nice reply” for your post but the little rat bastard didn’t get one like for his vile post.

1 Like

Likes are fine for dullards such as yourself and Balbec, it keeps you coming back. I’m light years beyond looking for likes from simpletons such as applecrumbled, mattyhislop and themanhimself et al… I’d be insulted if they were liking my posts.

1 Like

Downes needs to take off the ash guard. The amount of ball that bounces out of his hand is unreal

:rofl:

You’ll have about 10 Limerick lads and about 5 thousand Clare lads at this.

I would agree that Peter Casey is the only nailed-on starter from Na Piarsaigh (provided his form doesn’t completely collapse) but I’d be surprised if he was the only one. His brother would appear to be a favourite of Kiely’s and will be there or thereabouts. Definitely not guaranteed a place, as there is Hickey, Condon, Finn, English and I wouldn’t say he was clearly better than any of those.

I’d say Downes is almost in competition with Dowling for a starting spot and I’d give the edge to Dowling for sure. Not 100% guaranteed a spot as he might have been previously and will need to be in form. I don’t see Downes starting in the first Championship game really, Dowling might.

WOD will definitely be in with a shout of a start, depends how the lads go while he’s unavailable.

I wouldn’t be starting Dave Dempsey myself but obviously he did start last year. Don’t see Lynch starting either.

I know it’s a bit of a cliché but it really is a 20-man game now. You need to have subs that can come on and make an impact. And with more Championship games this year, having better depth in the panel is even more important.

1 Like

Good post . Na P could have 1 starter or 6 depending on form , injuries , etc…

If Dowling and or Lynch don’t start you have no obvious free taker. Gillane could take the closer in ones but I don’t expect him to start and it’s an added pressure in his first year. Or Casey could take the close in ones and one of our half backs could hit all the 65s wide.

I’d expect Gillane to start this year.

I think if Gillane doesn’t start, Dowling probably will. But I expect him to get plenty of chances in the league. We’ll see how he gets on. I wasn’t sure he’d be able for it, but he’s just a natural scoretaker and appears to be improving constantly.

Your an utter fool if you don’t think Gillane will be starting.

1 Like