Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Fslse news

It

A detailed analysis of each player. :laughing:

Long live this thread. :clap:

We are box office mate.

English went down in a heap just before half-time and was probably subbed as a result of that more than anything else. Hasn’t really put a foot wrong so far but would agree Finn is probably marginally ahead at the moment, however there is nothing to say Casey just drops in automatically once NaP are done. Would have liked to have seen a swap with him and Hickey, the Cork game in the Waherfud Crystal last year seems to have done long-term damage.

I wouldn’t be overly worried about Morrissey’s speed funnily enough, more his awareness and hurling. However his instinct is to carry, and it may be no harm to have that in the half-back line for balance, as Hannon’s instinct is to pick out space up front and Byrnes’ is to just drive the fuckin thing. Looks grand at the moment but come up against a team that sits back and the direct ball becomes harder to place (and win).

What was the story with Gillane, did he refuse to come off? Made absolutely no sense to have him on the pitch as long as he was, medics coming in checking on him every few minutes.

It all looks very nice at the moment but we have played very, very poor teams in the last three games. Dublin have gone off the boil completely and that puts the competitiveness of the whole division really in perspective.

One for the anoraks:

Limerick have scored 1-25, 1-24 and 1-26 in their last three games. Consistency is key.

Worrying lack of goals given the opposition.

Sure once we have six Na Piarsaigh boys playing up front they will be going in from all angles.

Our final pass for goalscoring opportunities has been poor enough. Just have been throwing handpasses slightly too high, etc. And Hegarty has been taking shots from ridiculous angles when he should be looking for the runner inside.

A slight worry alright but again, something to work on. Flanagan &and Gillane do have goalscoring instincts, as does Nash.

I see Ballybrown won the Munster Junior B football yesterday vs Cromane. That’s good going, Kerry clubs had won 10 in a row going into it.

One of the most positive things for me so far is that our first touch seems hugely improved. That’s a sign of a lot of ballwork being mixed with the physical early in the year.

Granted, we’ve played a ball of shite teams where you’ll get that little bit of extra time but it’s encouraging all the same.

If Morrissey’s instinct is to carry it he didn’t show it the last day, more often than not he gave a short pass. I don’t think he gave a single bad one, you couldn’t say the same for many other players. I’d still worry about his speed in summer alright, but he did all the basics brilliantly last day. Definitely a better outing than Byrnes on the other wing. Good point from @anon32894817 on Morrissey, he could well be one of the first on the team sheet from kielys perspective at this stage.

A brave decision ffs. Anybody with a bit of cop on wouldn’t include them. Playing in a nonsense game sat evening and then four hours in a bus up to Antrim.

5 Likes

That cunt of a final on Saturday will go to extra time too, no doubt.

Brilliant experience for the four lads if so.

It’s great that the UL and Na P lads are getting experience of high level and meaningful matches at this time of the year, unfortunately the rest of the panel are stuck playing mickey mouse matches against the likes of Dublin and Antrim.

1 Like

That Shitgibbon Cup is a load of me bollix.

4 Likes

As pointed out to me, we’ve a far superior points difference to Galway…if we beat Antrim a draw is good enough against Galway…Not sure how that plays on pre game psychology, but a big difference knowing you just don’t have to lose v having to win.

Not really significant for mindset in hurling when there’s going to be 40+ scores taken by the two teams combined and the odds on a draw are far longer than something like association football.

Yes, my feelings on it also. But a draw is not incomprehensible. Also, if both teams are up for it I don’t think Limerick get within 5.