Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

What was particularly noticeable in the Offaly game was the amount of ball our wing and corner forwards won. As the startedge heading towards goal acres of space was created as they drew the backs into them. Unfortunately we rarely had anyone running up the centre to take advantage of a pass that would have created the goal scoring chance

Have they brought the tackle bags back? They looked like a great job.

Wrong. I acknowledged that and as I said all last year, that role doesn’t suit Dowling, although he’ll still do a good job of it. That doesn’t mean there is no place for him.

Next our forwards will be trucking it up to get go forward ball for the backs to hit wide from 80 yards.

1 Like

You no what you are your the na pairisgh equivalent of a little englander. Take off the blinkers for two fucking minutes. You want Ronan Lynch on the team, Dowling starring in a role that doesn’t suit him. If the Dempsey’s have a sister you’d have her inside in goals.

“Know”, “Na Piarsaigh”, and yes they do.

Look kid, try not to throw your toys out of the pram when someone disagrees with you.

You threw the toys out of the Pram 3 months ago when I said one nap player was guaranteed a start and you’d all sorts of clowns saying there’d be 5 or 6 staring. I’ll be proved right again and you’ll be proved wrong.

There isn’t a hope Dowling will start.

@anon32894817 is correct - there is no place for Dowling in the first 15 of Kiely’s mobile all action side. Best he can hope for is being sprung from the bench for the last 10mins of matches and standing at edge of the square.

As I said Dowling is actually a very good sub. Dowling has a good connection with terrace types too. He tends to lift the crowd more than most after a score. He lets everyone know in the stadium he’s scored. Similar to Maurice shanahan.

+1.

Fellas claiming he’ll start are the same fellas roaring and shouting at games to ‘get it in early’, and ‘one man, one ball’

Old skool types.

At the moment Peter Casey is the only one you could say has a better than 50%chance of starting

In nearly 40 years going to games I don’t think I’ve ever heard somebody shout ‘one man, one ball’
Dowling mightn’t start the first day but Kiely won’t make the same mistake twice

3 Likes

There was a Limerick chap who I nearly always ended up next to on the terrace in the mid 00s who said it all game every game…

Dowling has to start. It’s as simple as that.

As @Smark implies above, the current game that Kiely is trying to implement does not suit Dowling.

So, what sort of a side are we looking at up in Antrim…

Hennessy (can see him getting a start)

English, Richie (as above), Condon
Byrnes, Hannon, D Morrissey

Browne & Lynch

Malachy, Reidy, O’Connell
O’Reilly, Flanagan, Graeme Mul

Subs…
Quaid - centre back? :slight_smile:
Hickey
ALTC
Fanning.

Forgetting anyone else?

+1.

A sub at best.

Finn and Lyons will be missing as they’re both part of the Shitgibbon Cup squad.

Daragh Fanning will be a starter/sub in the full-back line.

Shane Dowling is doing a cheltenham preview night back in Foynes.

1 Like