Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Home draw, Sunday at 4pm. Bring it on ta fuck!

4 Likes

Kiely sticking with Hickey would be my worry too, but if Richie is at his best heā€™s our best option at full back and it frees up hickey for half back where he is needed. Better use of resources. Hickey at least tries to do the right thing with the ball, Byrnes isnā€™t even doing that at the moment. I think Byrnes will come good, but I think he needs a wake up call and the timing is right.

In the absence of a standout candidate for 11 right now Iā€™d be looking at Hayes for summer. Weā€™re not sophisticated enough to play some sort of small nippy roaming centre forward. Agree Murphy more likely for 11 than Casey, but Iā€™d pick neither there. Tom Morrissey has done enough to keep that spot for the next game though.

Interview with Deccie Hannon on ā€œThe GAA hourā€ podcast. Analysis courtesy of Cheddar who comes across as a lovely man.

1 Like

Some coup for the lad to get cheddar on.
Would he have an inside track there?

I was just thinking that earlier that the Doon boys are having a very good league. At the start of the league I didnā€™t think any would start come championship but the four of them are playing themselves into contention. English has been excellent, will be very interesting when Casey returns. Donovan had a few good performances before his injury. Murphy has kind of come from nowhere, even up to yesterday I thought he might still be a bit lightweight and was getting easily beaten to the first few balls that came into him but was excellent after that. One thing he needs to add to his game now is a little more selfishness, his first instinct is to look for a pass. Iā€™m not sure if this is a confidence thing. A few of the na piarsaigh players are still probably a bit ahead of him but a few more performances like yesterday and he becomes difficult to drop. Pat Simon is looking like he could become a man to be sprung from the bench consistently to inject a bit of pace.
Iā€™d say since Willie Moore who has an all ireland medal from 73 in his arse pocket Doon havenā€™t really had a consistent starter for Limerick

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the general view down Shannonside. Will they go all out or are they not too pushed now that promotion has been achieved?

If we can put together 15 lads who are sober after a week of touring the county we have every chance.

1 Like

Cheddar came across v well. A proper hurling man and a gent.

2 Likes

The general view is that we will walk it.

Clare at home is ideal, 50/50 gameā€¦fancy Limerick if we cut out half the wides.

Not like ye

Workin Sunday the wireless will have to suffice.

Nor likely

Iā€™m not sure how much of a benefit it will be to advance to the final tbh but another game wouldnā€™t hurt either team. Thereā€™s a view still that McInerney will be needed in the full back line and that Shanahan should be included somewhere so Clare have a few things to work on yet.

Clare have it all to do

Theyā€™ve done better than your predictions of losing every game anyway

1 Like

I would have Jamie Shanahan starting in the half backs 100%, top player. jack browne and Pat Oā€™Connor two huge weak links for me. Super pace in the full forward line. I think it will be a good game.

A fully fit and league hardened Clare should have enough youā€™d imagine. Be a much better workout for Limerickā€¦ Iā€™d imagine Clare have probably got all they want from the league unless they have designs on winning it out?

There was no point in doing 50 sessions a month if theyā€™re not going all out to win it

3 Likes