Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

@Bandage is well known for carefully editing and reediting his posts - heā€™s a perfectionist and will want the message delivered clearly and yet succinctly and with a sprinkle of humour

A very small sprinkle I would suggest

Heā€™s back ā€¦ he went for a slash there iā€™d say.

Hope he washed his hands.

Limerick have pretty good hurlers but I thought their energy, intensity, commitment, work rate and other such terms / buzz words were key to their success as far back as watching that league semi-final against Tipperary.

The two tall young lads in the half forward line aggressively imposing themselves on the half back line and not allowing a platform to the opposition. Morrissey working up and down the left flank and foraging deep like Steve Guppy in Martin Oā€™Neillā€™s 3-5-2.

Space created for the full forward line with one of them coming a bit deeper to leave two inside. Tight marking defenders then with space condensed by the half forward line and midfield dropping back, leaving Hannon a free ride at centre back. Lynch also came into his own at midfield and is tremendous at winning possession in tight situations and launching attacks from deep.

All that energy and intensity was missing on Sunday, but Limerick should rebound strongly once they rest and reassess.

2 Likes

Fuck off Bandage you cunt.

This is terrible INTERNETTING.

See @glasagusban ā€˜s post on another thread earlier.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what Cummins said and heā€™s a fucking gobdaw.

amazing insight there, absolutely amazing.

Thats all we need. A fuckin Wexford lad telling us not to lose hope. You couldnā€™t make it up

5 Likes

I thought you were coming in to highlight comments made on another platform ā€” the timing suggested itā€¦ I was getting a dig in first is all. It seems you refrained from bringing it up and I punched you for nothing.

Sorry, bro.

my God you had a few of the social media based limerick hurling supporters really hopping up and down while you were typing that, sitting there frothing at the mouth with horns on them. but thats a very reasoned post which will confuse them, they are very thick bastards.

3 Likes

That is an accurate summation for the most part.

We did play with 3 right inside against Waterford and it looked as if that was how we were going to operate against Cork before the red card. The timing of the runs from the full-forward line has been excellent to date.

But youā€™re right; I imagine a quick look at the tackle count from the Clare game versus the ones previous would indicate that we didnā€™t get close to them enough. But allowing Shanahan operate as a free man was an absolute disaster, and they played through the lines a lot better than Cork did with a man extra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQAqdzkmnnk

CC @glasagusban

Someone has it on Youtube already!

2 Likes

Limerick posters walking an INTERNET tightrope here. A few Evel Knievel posters came on here last week, with daring suggestions that we had a good team and might get to a Munster Final. They felt the full WRATH of the INTERNET on Sunday. Lads are now falling over themselves to appease the mighty INTERNET GOD, with odes of hope that we might, MIGHT get over Carlow.

It truly is serious business on here.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve said it before, and Iā€™ll say it again.

Greatest thread* on the INTERNET.

*succession of threads

are any of them concerned about Carlow? Seems the most of the talk is the semi final draw and do they play Galway or not. I suppose once they beat Carlow then it will be looking forward to the semi finals. Nice handy warm up for the semi final though by having to only beat Carlow or Westmeath.

You are all cunts.

I hardly read a fucking Brendan Cummins column, but itā€™s worrying to know weā€™re on the same page. I only read PM Oā€™Sullivan and Jackie Tyrrellā€™s ghost written column on GAA matters. Jackie is the @Brimmer_Bradley of GAA writing. Hereā€™s a problem / weakness with a player / team but it reminds me of a challenge I faced and overcame as a player. His examples usually consist of him getting one over Lar Corbett. I digress.

@HBV, Iā€™ll have the alternative version of my above post ready by mid afternoon. Iā€™ve to go away and ā€œwind up a long oneā€.

cc @anon61956325.

7 Likes

:smile: thatā€™s funny cause itā€™s nearly true. I think tyrells articles are near the best around though. You also did a good imitations of PMā€™s style there. Iā€™m definitely giving that a like.

:clap:

lolzers and an offty