Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Might? Might get to a Munster final? Clare were shit, Cork were worse and the biggest challenge ye faced was keeping the squad of 30 young galacticos happy

The likes of Brendan, Jackie & Pm must gnaw away at your very being and soul @Bandage, they most likely ring their assigned ghost writer after a game and waffle down the phone, and boom, it’s published.
You yearn for recognition like that and for your well thought out critical analysis to be read by thousands but unfortunately your juvenile career in division 4B of the Wexford town u11s summer league doesn’t give you the required profile.

That will sting

Ooofffttt. Add me to the list, pal. That stings.

I know. Another attempt by the Wexford walrus is slapped down.

A football commision FFS.
Theres a football man head of the county board. Do his job or fuck off.

That surely wont stick

:rollseyes:

Up your game.

1 Like

Limerick your a lady

Great u21side

I see that John Kiely had a polo shirt on him giving his interviews on Sunday with the initials J.Q on it.

Did he have the wrong top on or something

Jimmy Quilty

Just Quit.

3 Likes

Adare’s league counted for fuck all in Championship; have lost 3 from 3 and are pretty much out already. Feenagh/Kilmeedy & Templeglantine are both 2 from 2 in that group, with Monagea likely to join them in the knockouts.

In the group of death, there have been less matches played but Kieran’s have lost 2 from 2 and it’s very hard to see them going through at this point. Apparently, they’re struggling badly for numbers. It was only 2 years ago, they caused us serious problems in the Intermediate Championship, we just about got the win. Killeedy had a big win over Rathkeale & Askeaton had a big win over Kieran’s. Still a lot of hurling to be done.

Kilteely/Dromkeen and Ballybricken/Bohermore setting the pace in the East but with 4 of the 6 teams making semi-finals anyway; you’d expect both them, Doon & Caherline to make the semis and that’s when the real hurling starts.

Similarly in the City, 4 of 7 teams make the semis. Patrickswell 4 from 4 so far; everyone else has lost at least once. Looking like Crecora, Christians and Ballybrown to make the semis. No one outside of Patrickswell, Pat’s and Na Piarsaigh have made the County since 2010; and with 2 of those teams now gone, it’s a big chance for someone like Crecora or Christians to have a go at the County.

1 Like

Derry McCarthy got another 11 points in a league game for Drom last week :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Big chance for Christians and Crecora to get out of the city championship this year. Both will be pleased to see Pats and Na Piarsaighs 2nd team out of Junior A.

Watch out for Croagh Kilfinny from here on in. They have 3 or 4 really good hurlers back now after the leaving cert and only lost by 3 to Feenagh Kilmeedy in the first round without them. They’ll be a different side with them back, one lad is James O’Brien who’d be a Limerick Minor this year only for the age change. They could beat Templeglantine this weekend.

I just got around to watching the second half. Duignan (?) commenting that more support needed up front, questioning the McCarthy substitution. McCarthy did no better on conlan than Casey, worse when you consider he had an extra defender with him. We were still in it up til around the 60th minute, tit for that but the margin was still at four points at 58 minutes when Byrnes hit a free wide. Started to really go pear shaped from 60 mins.

Flanagan had some good moments and worked hard but his touch was very off. Bar his catch and score nothing went right for Hegarty. Worse for Hayes, neither offered an outlet for ball, both gave away bad frees, certainly looked fatigued which I didn’t expect. If we’d had subs to use they’d both surely have gone off earlier. Dempsey came on after 55 mins when the game was gone away from us so a bit unfair to judge him when he only played the period that we were well beaten in, but still, he hit a bad wide and didn’t have a positive impact and hasn’t in his cameos so far. Gillane and Nash did little or nothing either, again, game gone by then. Beautiful pass from lynch to Gillane for his score. Half forward line a problem, I presume it has to be put down to fatigue and Hayes and Hegarty are backed to recover but Kiely has to have doubts as to whether the balance is right here.

DOD started very well but faded out dramatically, I actually thought he was taken off but he wasn’t. Lynch is magic but I don’t think we are getting the best out of him. He’s doing donkey work getting involved in rucks constantly, he’s good at it but wouldn’t it be a better use of him to have him getting on ball and running at the opposition half of the field. Hannon was anonymous in the second half aftee having a very good first half, whereas shanahan for Clare was man of the match. Really awful organisation from us.

On 64 mins Nash comes on for English (DOD goes back as sweeper in place of English -what the fuck???) and Dowling catches a puck out and hits a terrible wide. He was still probably our best forward overall. The margin is 6, Clare proceed to play tiki taka hurling and ping the ball around without us laying a glove on them, limerick look clueless and we proceed to have our holes widened from there. I really am surprised downes can’t even make the bench, he offers something different if you need to roll the dice and the three forwards brought on didn’t show much. I don’t know why hickey wasnt used, it looks really strange to me, I think he’s been blackguarded.

The only players to emerge with any credit are probably the two Morrissey’s and lynch, dowling did the most good work of the forwards but it was offset by some very uncharacteristic wides.

All in all there are loads of question marks that weren’t there before, there are changes all over the field that if they were made you couldn’t argue with, but I presume Kiely will back these players to turn it around. Maybe the poor performance was down to fatigue. I didn’t expect that. Peter casey to start for mulcahy the only obvious change to happen with two from Dowling, Flanagan and Gillane to make up the other two spots.

3 Likes

Fantastic post mate.