Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Excuse

I agreed with the general tone of the comment.
We had a rake of chances at various stages of the second half to close the gap to 3 and never managed it.

1 Like

No excuse, Joeā€¦ Clare far better.

But it was a factor.

Youā€™ve referenced this on a couple of threads. It might be worth checking with your buddy Mr. Owens as to why David Reidy was actually sent off.

It was nothing to do with the Byrnes incident - it was for an alleged strike on Tom Condon.

Itā€™s quite saddening that people are taken in by the histrionics of pundits who are unaware of the full facts. In fact, the incident he was dismissed for was very similar to the Seanie Tobin - Pat Oā€™Connor clash in 2015 and, if precedence and the rulebook are to be upheld, his red card will not be rescinded.

Just like what happened to Tadhg de Burca last year when a Wexford player went crying to the linesman to get him sent off.

5 Likes

Some of us astutely called it on the day but these Leinster savages and the anti Limerick brigade were baying for Limerick blood and were blinded to the actions of Reidy as a result.

1 Like

Ah exuse

And some of these lads supposedly have the ā€œcommentatorā€™s eyeā€

Iā€™m afraid I ended my online relationship with James Owens on Sunday evening after the game so I canā€™t use him as a source.

If Reidy was sent off for hitting / trying to hit Condon (which I donā€™t think he did) then Byrnesā€™ histrionics were the precursor for Condon getting involved in any case. Iā€™ve said it before, Iā€™ve no problem with competitors cheating or getting an edge as I was an avid WWE fan for years. But Byrnes let it affect his game afterwards, which was disappointing. I think referees should be fair though.

I also believe itā€™s natural that some supporters defend their own no matter what. For example, I bet there were Wexford football fans arguing online in 2006 that Shane Sullivan tried to headbutt Marty Fordeā€™s studs.

Overall, Limerick need to be more streetwise.

Iā€™ve provided you with footage to show Byrnes was blind sided.

Your anti Limerick bias has turned you into a monster.

It often is, although there was nothing but opprobrium from Limerick supporters towards Condon (and previously Gillane v Cork) for the sending off. It was stupid and a deserved red card. No arguments whatsoever.

In fact, the general reaction to both Limerick red cards has been indicative of a new-found maturity amongst Limerick supporters which I find to be quite unsettling.

2 Likes

I apologise to Limerick hurling supporters for acting the maggot.

Not one of those non-apology ā€œif you took any offenceā€¦ā€ apologies.

A proper apology. Iā€™m sorry for my behaviour today.

Yeah you couldnā€™t argue against either really really.

Gillane, although in a harmless enough way, struck Oā€™Donoghue twice in front of the linesman.
Condon jabbed Reidy in the nuts.

Different from something like Tobin vs POC, where there wasnā€™t really any strike.

1 Like

No one cares what you think pal, donā€™t worry about it.

3 Likes

Noted.

We had a lot of really bad wides. Now Clare had plenty too but some of ours were atrocious and you canā€™t be missing easy scoring chances when you are struggling anyway. I said a few times since the league that our shot conversion rate was awful and we couldnā€™t continue to rely on creating so many scoring chances. Against better teams we are not going to create as many scoring chances so the conversion rate has to go up.

1 Like

@Watchyourtoes, Iā€™ve sent your details to the Gardai.

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/bwIUrswOVLQ

6 Likes

A very precious flag alright.

This flag holds huge importance for us, so we put it on a roundabout :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

the always get the mention of the deceased relative inā€¦

she used to take the flag with her to matches with her mother who is now deadā€¦ are they hoping the culprit will read it and the guilt will make him put it back up on the moose?