Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Both.

+1

Limerick hurling is on the up at least and 1A to look forward to next year.

Just back home and, despite the lovely weather, extremely irritated.

A diabolical display. 19 points wouldn’t have flattered Tipp. A complete horror show from start to finish. Never at the races. Paddy O’Loughlin, Grimes and Hayes had their moments but wiped out everywhere else.

How bad must Clare be at u-21 this year.

2 Likes

Agreed.

It has been a good year. If we were to squeeze past the Leinster runners up and into a semi final it will have been a very good year considering we were favourites to finish bottom in Munster.

1 Like

Typical limerick. Politics written all over this team and look what happens.

Lads.

Step away from the printers.

Have a few pints.

See ye in August.

2 Likes

As I outlined a month peter Casey injury was very serious and meant he couldn’t do a tap for 6 weeks. We can expect very little from him and let the lad find his feet in his own time. We ruined hannon for three years bringing back too quickly from injuries. By the way what munster final were you talking about @glasagusban ?

Less said the better about that.

+1 mate.

And the crazy thing was O’Reilly wasn’t even the first forward sub they brought in either.

That team tonight should have been capable of a much performance than that, you can accept being beaten but when the first touch, organisation, tactics, discipline, energy and morale are so poor then questions need to be asked.

Poltics politics poltics. Worse than the night v tipp in 2016 which was extremely embarrassing for limerick Gaa. We never learn.

1 Like

It was a lazy performance. It is like Limerick have a divine right to win matches. We should be bursting a gut to keep improving. Very poor all over.

The curse of Buff Egan struck Limerick down tonight @anon61956325

`

While there’s some bit of truth to that,Tipp outfought us for every 50/50 ball, were hungrier, had a better first touch and beat that Limerick team who looked like they had never played together up a stick.

Very frustrating tbh. I never mind a Limerick team being beaten by a superior team but to be outfought and outworked is criminal.

Possibly complacency from the quarter final against an abject Clare side was a factor, but the real story is just lack of preparation in my view.

Good times. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Sorry fair play to tipp tonight. They totally outplayed us but first touch being off is due to terrible preparation. Heads not right. Nothing. Well done tipp.

1 Like

I couldn’t believe my eyes tbh.

He’s a Jonah alright.

1 Like

Lads can I ask one thing.

Is there any hope of Kevin Downes getting on a matchday panel for Limerick ever again, or is he consigned to waiting for the likes of Dempsey, Nash and Murphy to get injured.

You are going to have to wait until Kiely is gone!

1 Like