Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

He is not the answer anyway.

Who played because of politics?

4 Likes

It is no surprise that the team with very few senior panelist played like a team on a mission whereas the lads with two masters were woejus. The lads on the senior panel are better off out of it. Give them 2 weeks away from training and bring them back fresh.

1 Like

He doesn’t see eye to eye with the gaffer. Which is a shame, if Kiely/Kinnerk and co worked with him he would be a decent sub when the game has opened up.

Limerick have had a successful year whatever happens from here on in. In bonus territory now.

Did Limerick have the same management team as last year’s AI winning side?

Yes

1 Like

Politics in team selection?

I don’t see it lads; reacting a bit hysterically to what was just a poor performance.

I’m not watching them in training, but based on performances against Clare, O’Dwyer deserved his start in the corner. O’Reilly was well below his usual standards. O’Reilly is the bigger name, it would have been easy for Donnelly to pick him but O’Dwyer deserved a go. It didn’t work out, fair enough. O’Reilly has great pace but he’s not even nearly the finished article yet, he’s very very raw.

We were just beaten in every aspect tbh. Outfought, outsmarted, outplayed. The lads will be disappointed.

2 Likes

Easier to pick the names that you are told to pick I’d say.

O Reilly has wonderful pace and finishing ability but he can be very peripheral . Even at club level he can be distant for long periods .

That said he has a real talent and is well worth working on .

Ah will you ever fuck off and cop on .

1 Like

Senior and Minor double on the 19th August will do me.

1 Like

Ah now, he’s trying manfully to have a total meltdown for the entire county all on his own :smile:

1 Like

2.890 posts on an u21 game. And more to follow.

1 Like

I don’t think there were many calls that could be disputed. Couple of close calls for sure, they had to pick a full-back, I wouldn’t fancy Mackey at midfield personally but there was nothing outrageous imo.

I thought the team today looked stronger, but we just didn’t perform. The Askeaton man had a poor day by his standards.

1 Like

Let’s be honest . This crop are well short of the 2015 -2017 teams .

Ah they are, but still, they’ll be fairly disappointed all the same and would have expected better.

For example, they beat Cork in 2015 at minor level, and only lost by 3 to Tipp. And you could argue that the likes of Kyle & Flanagan have really come on in that time. O’Reilly wasn’t on the scene then. I suppose they had Casey absolutely flying back then.

And obviously some of the Tipp players could have greatly improved too, although that Tommy Nolan fella seems to have gone off the radar, he was a fine minor.

D[quote=“Julio_Geordio, post:5030, topic:26194”]
Best of luck @Brimmer_Bradley delighted ye’ve at least one team to keep ye going for the summer
[/quote]
It’ll be like the year Limerick won the camogie.

1 Like

EOf course tonight was a no show . But to be honest we were fortunate to beat a Shane Kingston less cork in 2015 , were plucky v Tipp in final and were well beat by Galway in q/f . That year we were competitive but in the shadow of a more talented 2014 tonight .

Tonight our two best forwards looked burnt out and as yet off the pace . Both these will be great forwards in the future . The 4 seniors from that team are already there .

Another dark night for limerick Gaa. We never learn.