Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Management needs the p45 first. We will see after that

Clarify which o"brien

If itā€™s Paudie he can resign from the board.

Sorry, the corner back. I thought he tried hard.

Thanks @Midshipman_Asha

I agree on seanie and I do rate him.

@anon32894817 appears not to know anything about you or that you are one of the foremost hurling analysts on the board

I really am not a foremost hurling analyst as I try to fly under the radar but sometimes it leaks out as I go to lots of matches and Iā€™m surrounded by players and coaches, past and present.

2 Likes

:blush: I meant on tfk, not in kk!

Ah here, no analysis in KK presently would be a patch on the soul-searing debate of the TFK Limerick GAA thread.

2 Likes

Go on soā€¦

Quaid, Hickey, Richie, Condon, Byrnes, Wayne, Gavin, Browne, Jim Bob, Morrissey, Hannon, Nash, Downes, Dowling, Seanie Oā€™Brien.

1 Like

:smile:

It is funny how Cian Lynch is being used as a scape goat in a system that would make any player look bad. We are not using potentially our most gifted hurler in decades in the right way. He is top class, he needs guidance but he is an absolute star. The one thing I would tell him, any more over the shoulder hand passes that donā€™t come off, your benched. He is such a clean striker he should be far greedier. Another point of note, it shows how poor the line are, Ronan Lynch who is a brilliant side line taker went to take a cut and Byrnes decided to take precedence, you would not see it at under 10ā€™s. Byrnes hit the cut 5 yards along the ground. These things should be clear before any player takes the pitch.

2 Likes

thats all we have pal. Cian Lynch, English and Ronan Lynch not up to it yetā€¦not in this set upā€¦all we can do now is turn it into a war ā€¦those lads well timber awayā€¦ was gonna play Clarke at 6 mind.

The criticism of cian lynch is absolutely nothin to do with the system. His work rate was non existent. He was swanning around looking for soft ball not giving two fucks.

2 Likes

Lynch is a sweeper itā€™s far from ideal for him to be taking sideline cuts.

Itā€™s far from ideal for him to be strolling out of the defence flicking the ball up into the air too

I know weā€™re not the most organised system wise but you donā€™t think the wing back and the sweeper can cover the space between them while one hits a line ball right beside them??? You ape. Plus the ball would be gone 60 yards down the field of Lynch hit it.

Now youā€™re onto something

He should be in the half forward line.

Most of the times it does yes but even if it does thereā€™s nothing to stop an opposition player winning it and driving it back down while they are swapping again. You should always avoid central players taking sideline cuts/corner backs itā€™s a fairly simple idea.