Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Iā€™ve spent the last 10 days in Pennsylvania, chaps. What the hell has been happening?

Not a whole pile. Reidy, BOC, king, Dempsey and a couple more have left the panel.

Cheers, pal. Left or dropped? Alan or David (or both?)

Heard BOC was off to the States alright.

Great to see the footballers lifting the depression the hurlers had cast around the county. Inspirational stuff.

2 Likes

I think a few more than that are heading to the states. Think Kev o Brien could be too not positive. Alan is gone not sure about David. Few nap lAds understandably werenā€™t hanging around. Donā€™t think anybody has been dropped recently.

1 Like

I seen somewhere this is the first semi final since 08 that canā€™t be right?

well done

There wasnā€™t a whole pile to report on last night. A few 21s made tits of themselves trying to land heavy hits. The seniors are beginning to regret having such a large squad as so many fringe players have left due to lack of game time leaving them short now. A couple more trainings before they break for club championship. The 21s havenā€™t a whole pile done at the moment and their squad is making up the vast majority of the intermediate panel too. Davy Clarke nor tj togged.

Who cares

You do, so much so that you went to the effort of reading his post and replying.

I care.

What were the lineouts like? Would be interested in who the u21s are playing in the half back lineā€¦

Iā€™ll try and find out I think it finished 4-26 to 3-24 or something like that. Id imagine ALTC will be one of wing backs with Lynch likely to be at 6. Iā€™m not too sure what the story is with Colin Ryan but youā€™d hope heā€™d be back soon. Heā€™ll then be the other wing back. This frees up two forward places for Peter Casey maybe arron gillane or somebody like that. I hope Brian fanning, Stephen Cahill and Sean Flanagan are all involved as they are more than good enough.

Colin Ryan looking sharp and trim saw him last night didnā€™t think he would be back so soon. Casey and Ryan would be deadly inside.:scream:

Colin Ryan did his cruciate 6-7mths ago. I donā€™t know how fellas can expect him to just bounce back from that and be parachuted straight back into the U21 side as if nothing happened and for him to be the same player he was last year. Like he just got a cut on his knee or something. He will need time to heal from that, and then a good bit more time get back into the excllent physical shape required for this level.

Once he keeps away from football he will be grand.

4 Likes

If I was him I would give up football. Tough choice for him - excellent footballer

Kev told me heā€™d be back in 6 months. I donā€™t no a whole pile about his injury but he is training at the moment With Pallas and has two full months to Munster under 21 championship. So he has time on his side. The county board appear to be doing everything to keep darragh Carroll from heading to tipp and is in and around the 21s set up.

That fuckin football is worse than the drink. Young fellas would want to stay well clear of it

2 Likes

Tā€™was true for the football board member who said - ā€œEvery football in the county should be burstā€