Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Yeā€™ll beat Tipp handy enough in the next game Iā€™d say. Tipp have a decent set of backs but Iā€™d say weā€™ll be very weak in the forwards

There wasnā€™t much between them at minor? Waterford getting fucked over by the schedule again fancy Clare to catch them.

If Casey is as good as you think heā€™s going to be double marked a hell of a lot. He will have to learn to overcome that.

Pleased with that, only the second time in the history of the GAA weā€™ve beaten them on their own turf in the u-21 championship.

Generations before us knew nothing but defeat against them. Didnā€™t we lose to them something like 9 times on the trot in senior during the 60ā€™s, 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s?

Patchy display overall. Still scored 3-19 and plenty of those lads were below par tonight. Tonight should bring a lot of them on. Colin Ryan really thundered into in the second half. Did enough overall, we were mediocre in parts but a nice way to go into the trip to Mordor in a fortnight which will be an almighty battle.

The senior hurlers could screw the u21ā€™s year, aswell as their own. Get past Westmeath and the the seniors will have a qualifier four days before the u21 Munster semi final. That short turnaround killed Waterford u21ā€™s last year when they had to go to Ennis to play Clare. Could be the same this year for us.

Would be great if the minors could pull out a result tomorrow but after seeing them against Clare I just canā€™t see it. Especially with their best player out injured. Getting my ā€œDaly outā€ banner ready anyway.

Pairc Ui Rinn is turning into my favourite ground in the country. Easy to get to, close to town, OK for parking if you get there early, pitch normally top notch and atmosphere always decent if thereā€™s more than a couple of thousand at it.

9 Likes

What was score?

3-19 to 2-15.

1 Like

Well done Limerick. Keep it going lads.

English was motm

TnaG should be aware that he is in Mary I and also has irish

2 Likes

I thought the same thingā€¦also one of his lecturers was reffing it.

@dodgy_keeper and lads that were at the game, did Nash and Morrissey pick up knocks? Need a lot more from them and from Dempsey. Massively impressed at the impact from the subs though.

Anyone hear Leo Oā€™Connor on 95fm? Made an arsehole of himself from what I heard, snide remarks at cork and cork players all through.

How did Callaghan go?

Any Cork lads stand out?

He missed a free early in 2nd half and went missing pretty much after that. Got 3/4 points in first half. He is strong enough looking but not sure how quick he is.

Iā€™m no expert but id say he ran out of petrol quick enough

Editā€¦ I only saw on tv

1 Like

Donā€™t think they picked up any injuries, just a gentle reminder that lads will be taken off if things arenā€™t going for them. D Dempsey, Morrissey and Nash were all off the pitch by the end and they were three of the best players last year.

Tonight was a banana skin and was just all about digging out the result. Thought the shape in the forward line fell apart at times in the second half while the backs generally held up well. McNamara is a top, top 'keeper - nonchalantly caught one horrendously awkward ball in the first half from a sideline. Safe as houses all evening.

The difference in body language between the senior management set up and the lads on the sideline tonight is like night and day.

English is fantastic. TG4 always seem to plump for R Lynch as MOTM because he is a splendid Irish speaker! He did well tonight in fairness but English was the rock at the back.

3 Likes

A handy workoutā€¦ They were coasting in 3rd gear for most of it but gave up two late goals before tagging on one in the last minute themselves.

1 Like

Have it on good authority daly is leaving his role as head of development and Jerry Wallace is negating with the county board. Carryharry was wrong when he said sheedy was offered the job. The powers that be had a meeting last week to discuss our next move.

Scored a few nice points, you can tell he he has the touches of class but like his team generally he faded in the second half. The awful start killed Cork, 8 points down before they knew it.

Kingston battled well but had little support. Thought the Cork number two (but playing further out) played well, has a nice cut to him.

Meade really struggled.

Some lads saying Nash needs to make more of an impact, and I agree he was quiet enough but he still made a goal and must have scored 2 or 3 points including a class one where he left two men for dead. Heā€™s a fine player, so direct. Gets the ball and heads straight at goal, lovely burst of acceleration too.

Lots to improve upon in general but it looks like weā€™ll be a match for most at least.

Cork dominated our puckouts for the last 15 minutes of the first half; the way we responded to that in the second half was hugely impressive. Completely wiped them out, our backs shut up shop completely. I also think the work rate of our forwards improved and they werenā€™t getting it out as easily. Something for the senior team to look atā€¦ if the pressure was greater on the Tipp backs/midfielders, Callanan wouldnā€™t have got such good quality ball.

1 Like

Doon deserve great credit for 3 lads at the same age in o Donovan, Ryan and English. All are tough, well able to hurl and lead by example. No bull shit or nonsense with them either just get on with things.

3 Likes

Ryan didnā€™t puck a ball though after he quite impressively banged over 3pts from play in 5mins or so at the start. The other two were our best players I thought.