Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

As soon as possible Clare seem to be away with it.

Goal chance missed

Well done Clare ye fought hard and won well in the end.

No complaints

We needed tat

Good for you Joe.

Hopefully that puts paid to any notion the co board would have of promoting Leo. Why do we fail to capitalise on 14 men time and time again.
Clare forwards moving before ball delivered while we waited to mive until the ball was struck.

Did T J pick up any players for the weekand

Would you ever fuck off for yourself.

1 Like

Sorry bud

1 Like

Severe lack of excuses. Story lads?

Better TEAM won. We played like a bunch of individuals who never met. Report tomorrow

1 Like

It could be a grim eight days.

Beaten tonight.
Likely to exit both senior championships on Saturday.
Minors up against it on Sunday.
Tipp u21’s coming in fresh for an ambush next Thursday.

Doom, doom, doom…

and gloom mate. I don’t think I’ll even go on Saturday, It’s too depressing.[quote=“dodgy_keeper, post:9335, topic:20931, full:true”]
It could be a grim eight days.

Beaten tonight.
Likely to exit both senior championships on Saturday.
Minors up against it on Sunday.
Tipp u21’s coming in fresh for an ambush next Thursday.

Doom, doom, doom…
[/quote]

The miserable fuckers could at least let us have that. I’d be a little worried for our 21s having seen that, obviously Kiely has proven to be better on the touchline and we were missing 5 of our best players but Clare looked well organised and well set-up without some of the bigger names that we did have out there. They seemed to have the legs on us all over the pitch, and definitely outworked us in the middle third.

That said, if Ronan Lynch had got his frees, we’d have won. Never seen him so bad, really awful, nowhere near the target. At least 6 scoreable ones, and he should have been taken off them sooner as neither Gillane nor Griffin missed at all. He did look decent from open play in the first half.

The weird thing is we were getting on top when they had their man sent off, momentum was with us, we were starting to dominate. But the red card seemed to halt our momentum and we never kicked on. Looked poor enough in extra time too, although Lyons missed two great goal chances, one in extra time.

Who was best for us? Colin Ryan really grew into the game in the 2nd half, delivered some fine ball into the forwards. David Dempsey is a very intelligent hurler, showed that today. Others did well in flashes, but not much consistency. I thought some of the selections were a bit odd though… Pat Ryan at wing-forward, ALTC at midfield, Lynch in the forwards, pulling Casey & Griffin out the field at times, not moving Colin Ryan into attack soon enough.

Couldn’t say that Clare weren’t the better team, even with the missed frees. They hit some awful wides themselves from open play. Moloney is obviously a serious manager- a lot of unheralded names but a very well-coached, well-organised team.

3 Likes

Spot-on summation. Couldn’t disagree with a word of that.

Limerick wouldn’t hurl snow

To a duck?

How the cunt ever got another job after his stint as u21 manager I’ll never know.

1 Like

@Aristotle has pretty much summed up most of the main points.

We lost this match with our midfield selection. We were ate alive there and they didn’t bother their arses making a change there until the second half of extra time. Will O’Donoghue and ALTC were midfield with a half forward line of R Lynch, D Dempsey and Pat Ryan. All are decent hurlers but our midfield pairing were out ran all night. We had no balance there and if Pat Ryan had been moved there from the start we might have had a better outcome.

Those that came out with their reputations enhanced

• David Dempsey - Excellent- carried us in the first half
  • Colin Ryan - Great to see him back to his best after the injury
  • Pat Ryan - I thought he played very well in the first half considering he was under the puck outs rather than running on to them, He scored a great individual goal and he should have been put out midfield rather than taking him off. He also distributed the ball very well.

I also though Mike Casey and Sean Flanagan (he is not a corner back) did fine. Players like Lorcan Lyons, Will O Donoghue, ALTC were not helped by their placing within the team. Will O’Donoghue is a decent hurler.
ALTC is being mooted as a forward. That might be fine for Intermediate game with Monaleen

Donal Moloney has been the joint manager for the Clare U21’s and sole manager last year. its always hard to judge a guy from outside a county but from what I have seen I’d send Davy and Donal Og packing and let this guy have their seniors for a couple of years.

Those that should retire

• the Limerick management.

Some Limerick players have bigger reputations than they deserve (that is our fault), I am very concerned for our U21’s v Tipp. Mind you we have a manager that appears to have a bit of a hurling brain on the line which is a rare commodity in Limerick Teams.

7 Likes