Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Hegarty really is something else. For a lad that comes from a small junior club and wasnā€™t even making the 24 man squad for his minor panels his transformation into a senior inter county forward is something else. the ground he made up with three Kilkenny backs chasing him as he ran in on goal was unreal. Didnā€™t think heā€™d have the skill to execute a shot like that but he did without really breaking stride.

2 Likes

He was a reasonable enough stick man in fairness but not in the league of the likes Tony Sullivan, Joe Deane, Pat Horgan etc. but he got goals, had speed in early days anyway when he was in the half forward line, anticipation was another knack as you say

not in the discussion for best cork hurler ever but he just seemed to be the adored one for various reasons. Looked a better footballer from the footage I have seen

have JBM and John Doyle the record for munster senior hurling championship medals?

is the present day Pat Horgan from the same stable as Pat Horgan above?

He could have been lost to football forever only for Kiely.
He was maligned as a young lad by management and selectors and was intent on not playing again. He has gone from strength to strength. I can assure you he will tell you himself his brother is twice the hurler but he will need time also. Had a poor year at minor but is way better than shown. He should be in the half forwards to start with.

1 Like

did an an Ireland hurling semi ever stretch past 70k? exclude any doube headers jobbies?

I am saying 64,486 for Limerick v Cork, 39,995 for Galway v Clare

may revisit after I know the minor curtain raisers, potential bounce of 1k to 3k on strength of

Are you on about the post count here?

2 Likes

Is the brother fond of the drink?

The biggest ???

Lk and Ck are probably the biggest bandwagon supports in GGA spud hockey so I think the 70 k is attainable .

Iā€™m on hols in Spain never thought Iā€™d see the day Cregan was getting on the hype train but fookit donā€™t mind next year or the year after @Julio_Geordio said the time is now

1 Like

Even better gave a Tour de France in the 1980 final as a veteran

He is 16. So I hope not!!!

Lads I am sitting here in Cambrils on a fooking high since Sunday thinking this could be it this year. Ennis was deflating but these lads have gone toe to toe with every team this year. :pray:

2 Likes

Weā€™ve only beaten poor sides like Tipperary, Carlow & Kilkenny so far.

3 Likes

Sorry mate the sun must be getting to mešŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Itā€™s the hope that kills you.

1 Like

Limerick have it all to do yet, a semifinal against Cork will be the acid test. Knock out hurling is a different animal to a round robin game. Letā€™s be honest, Kilkenny were knackered after two grueling games against Galway and had lost Walter who is the one forward who could have done serious damage against the Limerick full back line.

Thatā€™s not to take away from what was an impressive 70+ min performance by Limerick, especially after the Hogan goal. It was reminiscent of the way Galway reacted after shipping three fluke goals the prior week. But it also exposes how relatively poor this Kilkenny team are, out again before the semis.

Should be a classic clash of styles game, Limerick have to take their goal chances as you can be sure Cork will.

2 Likes

His son I think.

Ah JBM was deadly lads.

2 Likes

Kept us in it in the days when we only had a couple of scoring forwards.