Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Sure what would these young pups know looking at grainy videotape.

he was a very classy hurler. strange to see lads knocking him. he was a very tasty footballer too, lovely to watch in full flow

I dont think heā€™s any relation. Definitely not his son anyway

1 Like

He was a very good hurler,
The thing is that young fellas whoā€™ve never seen him play might assume he was one of the all time greats going on his reputation, this came about because of mention of his overhead flick against Galway, I wouldnā€™t mean to knock him but I saw him play many times in his late twenties and early 30s, watched him on training hundreds of times, could never really understand the fuss, there was some magic hurlers on that Cork team

JBM is probably the greatest hurler of all time.

I would agree they missed Walsh but they had Hogan and Fennelly starting fit for the first time this year. Limerick created more goal chances than anyone else against Kilkenny this year. I think Linerick match up well against Cork and it is a 50/50 game.

To be fair Colin Fennelly is a shadow of his former self .

He is still better than Ger Aylward!

Debateable but that sums up where Kk are at . An average set of forwards .

3 Likes

What year?

A time before lattes

5 Likes

You can see @Fagan_ODowd in the bottom left, so Iā€™m saying 1952

1 Like

The Munster final was played in the GG from 51-55 and 61-70 according to Wiki.

They started building out that side in the 1950ā€™s, so probably around the 51-55 alright.

Any decision made on the West Junior A Hurling yet?

They just missed Supermacā€™s .

On the Croagh thing?

Yes

Shame they built right up to the edge of it -

The rules call for a playoff. I canā€™t see any way around it. Unless the other two clubs involved were feeling unbelievably sound