Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Our recent record v cork with this crop of players is fairly decent in senior championship I think weā€™ve played three times both winning once and the draw this year. Was Quaid outfield and Graeme making his debut in a game during the strike? In the league I remember the dow scoring an equaliser down in cork a few years back, we beat them in a 1/4 last year and after that i donā€™t many of this crop have played league games against them. Under 21 we beat them in 2011 and last year. Was there any games in between? In the minor we beat them in 2012 and 2013 both in cork and Iā€™m pretty sure we beat them in 2014. They beat us in 15 once and we beat them the second time I think. Have we played them since?

whatever you say about them they are the most fervent of supporters.

We beat them in Mallow on the second last day of 2017. Little did the poor bastards that were freezing our bollix off watching them think that weā€™d meet in Croke park in July

3 Likes

Probably not many left from either team from the Munster finals of 2013/2014 - @Copper_pipe please provide both starting teams & subs for both matches.

Off the top of my head weā€™d only have Quaid, Hannon and Mul from starters at the weekend who started both matches.

Cork would have Nash, Ellis, Harnedy, Lehane, Horganā€¦??

Had forgotten about that league quarter final in Pairc Ui Rinn last year. Hegarty was brilliant that day.

This crop of players have a pretty good record against them at minor and u-21, Peter Casey mugged them off with a dramatic late goal in the minor at the GG in 2015. Kingston was injured the same night. Coleman gave a Tour de France.

Beat them in minor in 2014 in the GG too. Cracking match. Cork had a 21 yard free to win it late on as they trailed by two points but Eoghan Mac blocked it out.

2011 at u-21 was another epic.

English teaches in Killeedy, I think.

Thatā€™s a matter for after my lunch break

2 Likes

Yep Raheenagh

Tom Morrissey was sensational in that minor game in 2014, hit some ridiculous points from every possible angle.

1 Like

Thats how you do it. Beneftit wont hit for a number of years but its an important foundation.

Remember Flanagan got one outrageous score too, sprinted down the open stand side, towards the city end and fired it over.

Nickie is in Patrickswell now

Lame.

Yeah Mul played the strike year

2 Likes

Not English, Reidyā€™s brother (canā€™t think of his first name)

Mike. Fine hurler. Was outstanding v tipp in an intermediate game at fullback a few years back.

Both are there, Mikey Reidy is permanent there and Richie was there for the year temporarily

1 Like

You donā€™t need inter county lads in schools, Castlemahon school have been winning all round them past few years since two GAA mad lads that coach within their own clubs got jobs there.

There is absolutely no guarantee that intercounty lads would even be good coaches. But itā€™s probably not a bad thing for getting kids interested.

When I was in secondary school, Colin Ryan Newmarket was a teacher, and I would have said he definitely wasnā€™t the best coach at the school or even in terms of selecting the teams, there were some questionable decisions. There was a fella from St. Kieranā€™s who would have been much better.

The work needs to be done at the youngest ages though, U-8s to U-12s. Whether thatā€™s with clubs or primary schools.

4 Likes

Hon the Bomber