Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Ah where would the craic in that be, the West Junior A Hurling Championship is like the Munster Senior Hurling Championship, the teams that come out of it might not win the County just like the Munster teams might not win the All Ireland, but they’ve the load shot and the cigar smoked by then anyway :laughing:

1 Like

The craic would be just as good at intermediate level.

Not to knock it, but it would.

What, against teams that live more than 10 minutes away from you, not a chance!

There’s a real old school rivalry to every game in it because every one of the 10 teams know each other and most dislike each other. It adds to the games and even though it’s Junior standard some of the games can be decent.

But obviously I agree, any one of those sides would take your hand off to go up Intermediate. And they’d all survive up there too, Drom have and look at how Kierans got on this year, they were nearly more competitive up at Intermediate

I’m not sure the junior should go to all county. I think half of it is about local rivalry.

The west Junior A is the greatest championship in world hurling.

Cold day in hell before it should be disbanded.

You’ve not known pain unless you’ve lost west semi finals or finals by a puck of the ball.

2 Likes

Yeah no easy fix there I suppose, if you’re good enough you go up.

Trouble for the West Limerick clubs is, it’ll more than likely be Patrickswell or Kilmallocks 2nd team to get out of it this year, and thats no good to anyone below there.

A big re-jig is required, something along the lines of 8 team championships all the way down as @Julio_Geordio alluded to.

Injuries caught up with us last night unfortunately. Would have bit your arm off for a quarter final at the start of it though. Bit of a reality check as well which is no harm. Think the winners of our game play Glantine? I think all three teams involved would be happier on that side of the draw.
F/K vs Killeedy for a shot at Tour is real box office stuff. Probably what would have been considered the three best teams before the championship.

O’Meara got some outstanding scores last night, but didn’t want to know about it unless the ball was in his hand. Young Flynn for Killeedy is a fair weapon of a young fella, he needs to lose about 2 stone though!

I’d say you can forget about him at that level. Fine club hurler though.

He’s a serious target man, and a natural goalscorer but certainly not the most mobile.

How did Jack Aherne play?

We didn’t play very smart either, they dropped a lad in front of him the whole game and we did nothing about it

He did ok without being outstanding. Killeedy are a well balanced side to be fair to them. Not overly reliant on anyone. Whereas we had O’Meara and that was it. The lads currently injured should take some of the weight of his shoulders but who knows when the QF’s will be fixed. Could be next week.

Jack wasn’t togged out, Paudie played alright, done only ok, was expecting more. They brought on Mullane near the end and he got a fair bit of ball. Think they’ve one or two more to come back into it aswell.
cc @Aristotle

Sorry ya Paudie. Ya they’ve a fine team. Them and Feenagh will be a cracker

Think it’s down for next week, will be interesting to see if Drom are down to play football.

Drom looking for it to be played Thursday or Friday

Fixture list is a mess now. We’ve football the next two weekends. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was next Wednesday again

Jack is a really classy hurler, we played them in the League and he was on fire, scored some ridiculous points and a lovely goal.

If they want to win the county, they’ll need him fit.

A man from Kilteely having a right cut off The Leader in this weeks letters page for their hysterical coverage before big hurling matches. :clap::clap:

Throw up a picture of it there