Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

I along with most Limerick people am absolutely delighted with Limerick’s victory over Kilkenny in Thurles on Sunday. It was an epic battle where two teams went toe-to-toe with Limerick the last team standing, thank God.

I write to you to urge caution in the coming weeks in your papers coverage of the upcoming semi final. I, along with many people throughout the county, religiously buy your paper in eager anticipation of what’s in the “Leader” this week. You may not acknowledge this but in the past your paper has had a tendency to get carried away when Limerick get to the latter stages of the hurling championship.

Your coverage throughout the year is always measured and excellent but for some reason you feel the need to “up the ante” when our county gets on touching distance of the Holy Grail.

In particular I remember, in my opinion, the completely over the top coverage in 2013 of Limerick’s upcoming All-Ireland semi final v Clare. It may or may not have contributed to our ultimate defeat but such over the top exuberant coverage is unhelpful.

I do not expect your paper to print such a critical letter but I do feel many people throughout the county have similar feelings.

Noel O’Dea,
Kilteely.

Well said Noel. An alright sort by the sounds of it. :clap:

1 Like

The bottom line is that local media see the team’s progress as a license to print money .

The management and players need to realize this and things will be grand .

I doubt JK and the players give a hoot about what the Leader or Live 95 say or do but nice for them to be called out on this.

A sheepish Leader to only have a 30 page pull out for the semi final next week now.

The local radio is another outlet .

Very few read the leader. It won’t matter a fuck what the leader print . We will be good enough or we won’t be .

Stall set up outside Debenhams selling Limerick GAA supporters tat, hats, flags, headbands, the whole lot,
simply the best is the slogan being adopted.

@Copper_pipe were the prices for drom/bally put up yet or were they taken down??

Drom 4/5 and Bally 5/4 on Boyles

Cheers was looking at PP. What are the Drom boys thinking?

A’Boy Noel my old team mate.

All 3 of Askeaton, Croagh/Kilfinny and Templeglantine will fancy their chances of making a final if that is the case.

Or a west final to a team with 16 players on the field, and the 16th man scores the match winning goal with the last puck.

That rings a bell…what was it again??? against Keirans was it??

In previous years it was the case that the team that finished second in the group’s QF was on the other side so that they wouldn’t have to come back and meet the team that came first in the same group in the semi’s. Now saying that they allowed drawing lots for placement this year so the West Board are capable of anything

Adare 0-06
Monaleen 0-04

HT

What year did Limerick adopt dont stop believing was that for 2007???

No 73 and every year since

That was Waterford in 2008.

Is the team named tomorrow night??

For what?

Serious mind games if they did