Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

You canā€™t bate a Limerick bandwagon , we do it like no other .

Only a Cork one.

:rollseyes:

1 Like
1 Like

:rollseyes:

Mick Neville park is a disgrace.

1 Like

Itā€™s not even a park.

Ah at least theyve scrapped their original plans - 500 seater will be ideal for club games. If they could build a proper dressing room/gym setup aswell twould be perfect.

Work is needed on pitch , dressing rooms , plumbing , Nets , I assume cash is an issue ?

True, but considering the amount of abuse it has sustained over the last 5 years it has held up well.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure @Elvis_Brandenberg_Kr can fill us in or remind us but Iā€™m fairly sure thereā€™s a massive insurance problem with that pitch or at least there was anyway.

Intrigued.

Fair comment .

Something to do with the crowd that done the pitch. I believe they started playing games on it before it was fully finished and told the crowd to clear off when they wanted to finish it. They had the ability to pull the insurance on the field then.

That doesnā€™t really make sense, but Iā€™d guess itā€™s too do with some kind of warranty/guarantee on the pitch.
As you said the original crowd had a long term plan for the pitch, they would do x,y,z after so many years to keep it top nick. They were then given the heave ho and the CB said they would look after it themselves and now they are seeing the effects of that.

Itā€™s been closed for a number of extended periods over the past two years due to various issues and another late september / october is going to come around with every game in the county being played there and no facilities for any spectators, standing in the dark and rain around a fence with a shit view.

1 Like

Iā€™m not positive but Iā€™m fairly sure they got the insurance pulled on the pitch anyway. I donā€™t remember the exact ins and outs of it.

that is because you know fuck all about it you spoofing cunt

And we are off again

I think it is time to put yeā€™re differences aside lads.

Open to correction but I think the issue was with the pitch maintenance rather than insurance.

The pitch was delivered and the people who put it together advised the County Board that it would, not unreasonably, require upkeep which would be a cost. The CB in their penny pinching wisdom apparently told the boys to do one and the pitch has gone to shit as a result.

2 Likes

Dead right. I think where the insurance issue arrises is that are Limerick Co Board negligent and in breach of their dutues by not maintaining the manufactured surface meaning that their insurances are invalid or at least could be challenged.