Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Those u16 divisional games were great stuff, my old lad quit the gargle in the mid80s and we were always in early

1 Like

Saw some greats in those games before they made it big.

It’s the way development squads should have remained. The divisional system was quite good.

2 Likes

They still go on I think, or did till recently enough anyway, although obviously not with the same prestige as before

Only Tipp retained their divisions.

Cork fucked up all theirs

It was really bizarre for a player with a hamstring tear or strain to leave tbe field like Hickey did.
I commented on it watching saying the twit would cause more damage running off the pitch.
Is there word going that he isn’t injured at all?

I watched the game with a limerick man and hed a right laugh at it. Always one of them lads around. Pretend to limp going off

Still some divisional stuff in Cork. There was a picture in the programme yesterday of some under 15 or 16 team that won a Munster title recently. East Cork IIRC

As opposed to ripping up the whole team and starting again it’s these situations what the management team and the players need to work on. Gillane needs to carry the ball five yards more and mulchahy needs to back pedal two or three more yards and then it’s a simple goal. Mulchahy needs to be screaming for that ball and Gillane needs to have his head up. Goals are one string we badly need to add to our bow.

The very same two players had goal chances in the first half yesterday but chose the point option.

Agreed but should come with all these games coming thick and fast bar the Clare game forget Antrim we haven’t got more than 1 in a game

Ya it’s north, South, east West and central.

Areas not divisions.

So Muskerry, Avondhu, Imokilly etc had their own championships and rivalries, but also a team.

There was way more connection to the players and a broader spread. Plus late developers were accounted for.

Losing late developers loses you alot of brain and skill as they tend to be lads not physically dominant when young so they develop other skills.

They lost con ections with club coaches and divisions and schools and they cannot get it back

2 Likes

Why did Conor Fitz present Byrnes with the Bord Gais MOTM award??

Watching the Sunday game now, can’t believe somebody earlier made an issue of Nickie Quaids positioning for the first goal :crazy_face:

Then someone else tried to blame Morrissey

Do you not think morrissey should have been goal side of his man? That’s exactly what you criticized richie English for? Why do you hold one player from doon to a completely different standard? Nicky Quaid positioning was awful. He’d no business standing up against the near post. Ye two have made complete tits out of yourselves these past few days. You’ve wanted a lad who was out injured for two months, came in started a championship game, scored and set up a point and ran his heart out for his team working up and done the field until his legs gave up to be dropped. This is his first start in that position for 18 months at 22 years age. Fuck off out of this thread and go sulk somewhere else.

1 Like

This Celtic challenge seems to be a way of keeping late developers in the loop. A great tournament that gets little mention.

Can anyone translate that?

1 Like

I wasn’t particularly blaming Morrissey. You’d get away with it 9 times out of 10. He did leave his man completely open to get the rebound though

1 Like

Go on…

Never heard of it

Don’t engage the simpleton he criticised richie english for being on the wrong side of his man and then said morrissey wasn’t at fault. Morrissey was unlucky but he shouldn’t let his man get a ten yard head start on him. His reaction as the goal is scored tells you everything you need to know.

2 Likes

A wexford cunt at that