Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Are you completely unhinged right now??

I asked for nobody to be dropped or anything like it, are you gonna bring up December again?
Blaming Quaid for the goal is ridiculous, mental stuff :smile:

I’m talking about glas. Are you saying Quaid was in the correct position?

I am going to agree with @anon32894817 here. If Nicky was central and a bit off his line anticipating the ball flight he should have been able to clean out English, Forde and the ball, he was poor. It came from Byrnes getting caught with ball? After two great block downs to boot.

1 Like

It’s been running the last few years. It’s played at under 17 level for non exam students. It’s played around this time of year. Lads on their minor championship squad are ineligible for it.

The bigger counties put 2/3 teams in based on geography/divisions. Smaller counties usually put in one team. You play 5/6 games in a league. Top the league and you play div1 championship, finish 2nd and you play Div 2 and so on.

Offaly beat a South Kk team a few years ago in the div 1 final.

Last year teams from Antrim and Down beat teams from Cork and Dublin in Div 2 and Div 3 finals. Teams like Sligo could feasibly play against Limerick or Wexford selections.

A few good rules like unlimited subs and a best and fairest award after every game.

Pity it doesn’t get more exposure. Paidi O Neills idea.

1 Like

MYou said ‘you two’
Was I not number 2?
I’d have no issue with his position while the ball was on the sideline 70 yards out

Yes I was more playing devils advocate if anything and merely queried why Quaid was standing on his near post. If a more learned judge could inform me I’d be delighted instead cuntinatracksuit and glasagushorsepoe decide to go for personal jibes and tried to misquote me.

1 Like

:rofl: you’re a gas man
Are you a big fan of Nickie Quaid?

Yes.

So when you play devils advocate we should ignore it? How will we know?

Jesus Christ. English got beaten for a 50/50 ball. It was a brilliant score by McGrath and I wouldn’t really blame English for it either, when you’re corner back against a top class forward that pulls out a brilliant bit of skill that can happen.

I think the translation of the above post was I wanted O’Donovan dropped? I don’t see why he is starting ahead of Browne. From watching it live and back last night, DOD had three possessions in the game. He got a pass from which he struck a point, towards the end of thr first half. He got possession at one point and made a run, was dispossessed, tackled the guy who dispossessed him, won it back and gave a handpass to Mulcahy (?) for a point. He hit a stick pass to dempsey late on. He also hit three sidelines, two were massive. I didn’t see any prominent blocks or tackles bar the one above. I’m sure I may have missed something, but that is just not enough. I’ll stand corrected if he actually did loads more and i missed it all. Browne had two possessions in 10 mins by comparison.

I think morrissy should have been alert for the potential of the unexpected. Attackers normally better at this though. As for dod, he had very little plays in the 1st half and one included giving it away in the half back line but set up a great point in the 2nd half after some great work. Midfield was very much bypassed though which will be different v cork.

1 Like

Byrnes best game at senior

1 Like

Has it ever dawned on you o donovan is starting based on his performances in training?

Somebody made a balls of the payroll run.

You missed his most important contribution. Dropping maher back on his arse.

More in the dog house .

Who is the young lad that scored 10pts for the minors? Was this a bolt from the blue or has been standing out all along? I think I read somewhere he’s from Crecora?

1 Like

Some talent . Won a harty Cup think year with ASR . I Don’t think any of the senior team would be technically capable of scoring the last point he scored .

He’s a great man for the dark arts is Gillane. Pulled the hurley clean out of Flynn’s hand for his second point from play without anyone noticing. Tripped a Tipp defender as Murphy went through for the goal too. I’d say he’s an absolute nightmare to mark.

2 Likes