Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Two points on this:

1. Football board secretary sent list to Croke Park
  2. Black Pat forgot to order the food.

Who’s the football board secretary?
Who’s Black Pat (unless the black references hair?)

McElligott and Shaugnessy

1 Like

I never heard him called that :grinning:

This thing about not being able to change the submitted squad list was brought in a few years ago. Wexford were reportedly/allegedly caught in 2016 when leaving Chin off the list before being hammered by Dublin in Croke Park. Presumably the county board types would make this kind of stuff clear to management early in the year. Is this a new management team? Either way, I thought all intercounty set ups these days would have some type of admin/liaison hanger on who covers this shit off and knows what/when/how things have to be completed and submitted.

McGuinness?

1 Like

Sorry yes thats the man!

It’s his second season at the helm. He’s had a frustrating year and I’d say it was probably just a culmination of things that eventually tipped him over the edge. Football would be very much poor relation so I’d say he’s been in an on going battle with the county board since he took the job and he eventually snapped.

1 Like

I want to know why he kept droning on about how many players had refused the call up, what had that to do with it? If he had stuck to the main points it would have been fair enough but he ended up sounding like a little bit of a moaning Michael as Fr. Noel Furlong would say.

TBF it was Marty drew him out on that, but ya it’s well documented at this stage. He said 53 players turned him down, but there was one lad who scored 6-26 in the senior championship last year and he didn’t even get a call for a trial.

When Limerick football was at its best there was so many dual club players Lucey, Riordan, Geary, Begley, Conor Fitz and a few more back boning the team. Bar O Donovan and Hegarty do many of the hurlers even play club football? Seems like numbers county wide have gone way down.

Talking to a guy involved with the football on Sunday and he said they get literally nothing, everything is a problem. Huge turnover in players too. One thing I heard before and don’t know is it true but seems plausible, some players just want to give it a go for one year to get the benefit of the S&C but don’t have much intention to stick with it.

Who??

Hegarty & WOD are the standouts but some of the others play on occasion- English is a nice footballer, DOD, Peter Casey played a bit, Dempsey too, then Malachy & BOC.

But definitely not all wholly committed as panellists.

DOD is an excellent footballer while Dempsey is also a very good footballer.

I was in and about mungret between the bank, dentist and having a lunch in Russell’s and I saw at least five different young lads walking about with Hurley’s heading in the direction of the pitch. Wonderful to see.

On a school day?

Are they not on summer holidays?

Not yet

They could also have been walking in the direction of the new school with Hurley’s tbf