Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

1100 posts in 6 days truly box officešŸ‘

1 Like

no relation

John Galvinā€™s stock from Finuge so he is related to Galvins from Finuge

Paul is from down the road in Lixnaw, not connected to the Finuge , Galvin;s at all. The Lixnaw gang kick football with Finuge as no football in Lixnaw. A few from Finuge make the opposite journey to Lixnaw to play hurling.

1 Like

:laughing: Do you know if Bubbles has been found yet mate, he was reported missing on Sunday afternoon.

Sure havenā€™t ye a panel of Maherā€™s who were hurled the shite out of. The in breeding will do ye no good

Some nice bloodlines from the starting 15 from the seniors too the last day, never mind the minors.

Quaid (father and uncle both hurled with Limerick)
Finn (father hurled with Limerick)
English (cousin is Darragh Fitzgibbon current Cork regular)
Lynch (a few of his uncles hurled with Limerick)
Oā€™Donovan (father played football with Limerick)
Hegarty (father hurled with Limerick)
Flanagan (father hurled with Limerick)

I might be missing others.

does mick Fitzgibbon capped as a flanker for Ireland in the rugby come into family equation at all?

No better bred that kyle hayes.

Father hurled with Limerick?

Lester Ryan (KIlkenny)
Liam Ryan (Wexford)

Iā€™ve seen others mention this. I actually have always enjoyed Martyā€™s commentary. Heā€™s better than that insufferable ape Ger Canning any day.

Isnā€™t declan hannon related to that legendary tipp centre back played after your man wall my dad always lectures me about those two ?

Hannonā€™s uncle hurled with Tipp? Stakelum?

Isnā€™t Graeme Mulcahy of the Tommy Hanley bloodline?! More than half of the fucking Kilmallock team are descended from him! cc @balbec

Pat Ryans two brothers hurled with Limerick

Barry Hennessys father hurled in goal for Limerick

Barry Oā€™Connellā€™s grandfather too, I think.

He won a minor all Ireland with limerick in the 50s, John egan @TreatyStones @Julio_Geordio was on that team and possibly donal Flynn too whoā€™d be a grand father of cian magner Flynn

We all like a bit of twee-ness now and again but itā€™s almost non stop in his commentary.

ā€œThatā€™s a point, thatā€™s a wonderful score AND THAT is Joe Canning.ā€

ā€œAnd that is a score to get the people of Limerick up off their feet here in PĆ”irc Na Ngael in the year of 2018.ā€

Barry Nashā€™s father and uncle obviously

The Morrisseys? Did some uncle or granduncle of theirs play for Tipp?

There was one incident where cian lynch is on the ball and he is like oh itā€™s in the blood and the ball breaks to Paudie maher and he says ā€œspeaking about blood Paudie maheeeerā€

Pat Ryans brothers? Michael & who is the other one again ?

Both Canning and Morrisey are shit commentators. Mac Dara Mac Donncha on TG4 is better than both even if he had to do it in the bastard English tongue

1 Like