Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

1 Like

I’ll roshambo you for it

Just got my ticket there, pays to get in early.

notfunny

Justifies the season ticket straight up. I actually think it’s a good thing, should be a cracking atmosphere.

Bad in terms of our possibility of getting out of the group but overall it’s a positive thing.

Every team should get their two home games. Would much prefer to face Waterford in a heaving Walsh Park than in, say, Thurles, which would be 70% empty.

Great for atmosphere for sure. Makes the game much more difficult I reckon. Waterford will be hard bate down there

sure they don’t even know that. The place mightn’t suit them at all. When’s the last time they played a match there?

1996 since they played a game of importance in Walsh Park, although they did hammer Kerry there in 2003.

I remember going down there for a league match in the early 2000s. We got our holes opened as well. I was sitting beside Eoin Foley and Brian Begley

were you on the subs?

4 Likes

Beat me to it. :smiley:

I was in better shape than the two lads Id say. We were u21 champs at the time and the lads were innjured

We played them in a league game in Walsh Park down there around 2004/2005. Fairly sure Dodge was at midfield or wing forward and we had Eugene Mulcahy at full back. We got beat anyway.

Also was there when we beat them in a Waterford Crystal match in the same era, Shaughs was on fire that day.

Think my last match down there was the minor semi final in 2011. The Dow, Mark Carmody and David Reidy were all on that team. Actually ended up chatting to Reidy’s dad during the match, a nice man. Conceded something ridiculous like three goals in the first ten mins but launched an incredible comeback to force a draw. In fact we missed a great chance at the end of normal time to win it. Got steamrolled in extra time. There was no backdoor then. An absolutely sickening defeat. Shane Fitzgibbon was the gaffer that night IIRC.

I drowned my sorrows in Masons that night with a fellow TFK poster and his brother.

3 Likes

I was down there for that match in 2011. There was a young tiny lad corner forward Jack Aherne. He had serious skill that youngfella

I think Dan Morrissey was playing as well

Serious player. Plagued by injuries but had a brilliant season in 2018.

Would say he’s in the 3 or so best players not on the panel.

I had high hopes for him after that performance. He ran them ragged and was only a dot of a size.

Clare bate the bollix out of Waterford in the final anyway. they had an unreal minor team the same year

I was at the game. Barry o conmell was fullback id say on shane Bennett. He done the divil that night.

Waterford win relatively few games in Walsh Park.

What a year to be a season ticket holder.