Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Who marked the dow then? Seamus was corner forward.

He was, marked him out of it. Probably Mc’s best performance in a long time.
It seemed to take both McInerney and Browne by surprise, happened while O’Connor and Hegarty were wrestling.

O’Connor

1 Like

O’Connor had Dow, Browne took Mulcahy and Davy mc had Flanagan

1 Like

I think dowling has played 6 times v Clare in championship and never scored from play once. Bizarre.

Second most horrible player you’ve ever seen on a GAA pitch?

No he has a lovely bit of cut about him.

Premier Intermediate management teams confirmed, Quilty the big one really, Blackrock will surely be a lot better under him.

Liam Walsh has transferred too, I think.

Rathdowney, 2pm Sunday

Jaysus thats great. After the shithole that is Cusack Park Rathdowney will feel like Croke Park

4 Likes

Sat night @7 pm and live on TG4 .

2 Likes

Live on TV?? :smile: There goes Laois’ bumper gate.

I don’t think they would get the gate . The league money is pooled and apportioned out later in the year .

Surely Laois don’t get the gate for a quarter final?

Lovely stuff.

O’Moore Park will always hold a special place in my heart after the football qualifier v Wexford in 2011. Bedlam on the pitch that night at full time. Even better if that winning free was actually wide.

Fine stand and a short spin up the motorway. One of my favourite grounds to be honest.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to it.

I was there absolutely bladdered drunk that day v Wexford in 2011. Bumper weekend. Didn’t we have a hurling match the following day?

We did and in typical Limerick GAA fashion it didn’t take us long to be brought back down to earth - Tipperary’s Ryan O’Dwyer ran amok for Dublin against us in Thurles in the quarter final the very next day.

That was depressing enough to be knocked out but then we promptly drew Kerry in the football quarter final that night too. I was sour as fuck on the train home that night.

I’m glad I was drunk for it

No idea tbh. Would the competing teams not get a % cut, and the host venue get a % also?