Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

She done two years with us didn’t she?

Saying that doesn’t make it true or go away. If Kiely is to be believed regarding her impact while there, her departure is bound to have an impact and you know that.

I thought 1 . But maybe .

She left most teams after 1 year . Time will tell if this is a blow . Jackie Tyrrell will be our shrink this year .

It’s a huge blow. Lads in denial here ---- I’ll stick with my prediction of Waterford, Cork and Clare getting out of Munster.

So, Limerick are close to their All-Ireland team?

“That’s a narrative that I am not comfortable with. There seems to be a continuous reflection back to how many of the All-Ireland team are being selected as if they are the strongest team.

“They were the strongest fifteen at the time or what we deemed to be the team we wanted to start the game in the All-Ireland final and I find it quite frustrating that we are reflecting back on that 15 all the time and I don’t see the relevance - that was last August, 2018 and this is March 2019,” outlined Kiely.

5 Likes

I thought he would be playing, but didn’t recognise him. Was he the Na Piarsaigh number 7?

Currid’s departure won’t impact Limerick unduly as they have the financial firepower (like John Delaney) to write a cheque for €100k to get a replacement in.

anyone know what the fallout from Currid leaving a set up is like? How long did it take the counties she’s won one with to get back to winning ways again?

Hello Benkill.

Limerick will fold like a cheap suit, you feel.

4 Likes

None of them ever won again.

2 Likes

all key indicators suggest this.

Clare still haven’t recovered from the mental breakdown.

Bating into teams in the league to prove they’re no flash in the pan All Ireland champions yet they won’t even get out of Munster.

1 Like

She managed to suppress their Limerickness for a year. That will be her legacy.

she’s probably going to take a few years out now and go for some counselling herself. That was a serious battle to undertake.

This.

Limerick are going to really struggle come championship when the anti ups.

Like ye’ve been doing for years?

We need to move fast and get Bressie in