Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Honestly what even is the Scòr Quiz? What does it entail?

Not for the rest of us, it’s not :joy:

It entails a load of us gathering in a clubhouse somewhere in Limerick, before Monaleen absolutely romp home to victory for the millionth time. :cry:

Nah, it’s just a quiz; every club in the county can send a team. Fairly defined format; 10 rounds, same topics every time:

1. Gaelic & Ladies Football
  2. Hurling & Camogie
  3. General GAA
  4. Irish History
  5. World History & Geography
  6. Irish Geography
  7. Irish Current Affairs
  8. World Current Affairs
  9. Irish Culture
  10. General Knowledge

In Limerick, they used to have the general GAA round as Gaeilge but I don’t know if that’s a requirement; I think there is a rule that a certain amount of questions do have to be in Irish.

1 Like

Is it done by division anymore ?

It’s the 50th anniversary this year of Scor.

We are unable to field a (quiz) team tomorrow so I’ll go to the delayed 2018 South final in Kilbreedy instead.

Nope, generally haven’t been enough teams.

I believe @ciarancareyshurlingarmy and @Julio_Geordio were also present last year.

I’m not sure whether we’ll have a team for tomorrow tbh.

It’s on in Mungret this year.

Which is very handy for me but none of last year’s team are available, and I’m struggling to pull together a team at short notice.

We will be expecting you

Would prefer o meara to start ahead of condon. I think he has an upside. Intersting fullforward line but id like to see a more settled look. Good to have Mike Casey on the subs.

Decent game in Stakers tonight as the Bouncers prevail in the heavily delayed 2018 south final.

Led comfortably before Glenroe stormed back to level it with a brace of goals. Mark O’Connell was excellent. But Garryspillane kicked on and won it with a few late points.

The old stalwart Donie still going strong. He’ll never retire.

1 Like

Donie Flair

Monaleen win again. They had 71 or so with 65 and 63 behind them.

Good set of questions.

To the quiz thread

I see no upside to starting Condon for the seventh game in a row ahead of say O’Meara or the returning Mike Casey when Condon shouldn’t be handed a starting jersey come Championship.

1 Like

As I said condon has shown his hand. O meara still hasn’t dealt his hands.

Condon hasn’t put a foot wrong to be fair to him. Hurling as well as he ever has. I think kiely sees him as live option.

He had a mare versus Cork in the league.

2 Likes

We know what he gives tho. O meara is an unknown.

I’d love to see him get some time, but you’ve to earn it with Kiely. He’s getting on the panel at least which is great for him. Kiely doesn’t try lads in the backs. He’s a big fan of his by all accounts. I think myself he isn’t there yet, but I know what you’re saying he won’t get there without game time

1 Like

Be the finest as a sub, but I don’t think he’ll be a starter in May. Finn- Casey - English is the ideal full back line.