Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Get them off the sky box and onto a hard drive lads. @Copper_pipe surely be able to advise how to achieve this?

1 Like

I have the book. It’s well done. Only crib I’d have is it doesn’t show Mul’s winning poInt.

1 Like

Do many people still have a DVD player? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Playstation does the job for me! Ive a mountain of DVDs(no crude jokes please)

I forgot the Xbox plays DVD’s. (I think it does anyway) :sweat_smile:

A D…V…D player?

That’s the thing. DVDs are nearly defunct already, let alone in ten years where will they be, when you really want to relive it.

Sky box is not reliable. You should transfer them to a hard drive / memory stick.

Isn’t there some setting you have to change so the recordings don’t delete after a certain period of time?

I could be wrong but I thought I heard someone mention that before

Yes, you can set a programme not to be deleted but they still put a time limit on availability of some programmes, so it’s pointless really if you want to keep something long term.

1 Like

There is, I learnt that the hard way with the Tipp game at home and the Cark game in PuC on Sky.

Blue - keep button is essential.

First world problems but annoying the way the Sky plus coverage of the Cork semi final cuts out in the extra time…!

2 Likes

We’ll know better next year, sickening that it cuts out in the first half of extra time.

Luckily the Sunday Game covers it well enough. Pat Ryans goal chipping Nash is great for the soul.

3 Likes

Just so ye know. Ye can’t pull a recording off a sky box. Different format. Even if you pull the hard drive from it. No go.

1 Like

Just put on the Sunday game there, these are glorious days.

3 Likes

The Sunday game all Ireland final special’s basic function is so that people can watch it fifteen years later when too drunk and tired to go to bed, and think “fuck me, what a bunch of rednecks” before passing out on the chair.

Agreed watched it again last night defo shortens the winter

1 Like

It could be interesting if the Dow is out next weekend and nap play peter Casey at 11 against a good team. I’ve been beating this drum for months but I think this could be his best position long term for limerick. He reminds of richie hogan. Small but very strong while not the quickest. His ability to pop points from anywhere within 50 yards is second to none.

4 Likes

I agree 100% with this.

However, Kiely seems to want a certain type to play in the half forward line. Big, fast athletic lads who can cover back the field.

I don’t think that would suit Casey.

:smiley:

And don’t forget Flatty, us Limerick crew will probably start balling out or eyes out again watching it